Oct 12, 2010, 12:00 PM EDT
I’m trying to walk back my emotions on all of this. I mean, he’s not dead or anything. And despite what he says about “not putting on the uniform again” he’s almost certainly going to be back hanging around the Braves spring training, probably in uniform as some special advisor or something like Tom Kelly does at Twins camp.
But still, seeing a grown man get misty over a game is always worth watching. And hearing Bobby Cox talk about the 2011 Braves as “they” is downright disorienting.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 61
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (111)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)