Oct 12, 2010, 12:00 PM EDT
I’m trying to walk back my emotions on all of this. I mean, he’s not dead or anything. And despite what he says about “not putting on the uniform again” he’s almost certainly going to be back hanging around the Braves spring training, probably in uniform as some special advisor or something like Tom Kelly does at Twins camp.
But still, seeing a grown man get misty over a game is always worth watching. And hearing Bobby Cox talk about the 2011 Braves as “they” is downright disorienting.
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 11
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 16
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 51
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 73
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (217)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)