Oct 12, 2010, 12:00 PM EDT
I’m trying to walk back my emotions on all of this. I mean, he’s not dead or anything. And despite what he says about “not putting on the uniform again” he’s almost certainly going to be back hanging around the Braves spring training, probably in uniform as some special advisor or something like Tom Kelly does at Twins camp.
But still, seeing a grown man get misty over a game is always worth watching. And hearing Bobby Cox talk about the 2011 Braves as “they” is downright disorienting.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 32
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 9
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)