Oct 12, 2010, 12:00 PM EST
I’m trying to walk back my emotions on all of this. I mean, he’s not dead or anything. And despite what he says about “not putting on the uniform again” he’s almost certainly going to be back hanging around the Braves spring training, probably in uniform as some special advisor or something like Tom Kelly does at Twins camp.
But still, seeing a grown man get misty over a game is always worth watching. And hearing Bobby Cox talk about the 2011 Braves as “they” is downright disorienting.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 25
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 80
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 14
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 143
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)