Oct 13, 2010, 10:31 AM EDT
Here’s Carl Crawford, talking to the Tampa Tribune after last night’s game:
don’t want to leave. Everybody knows that. I like it
here, and I’ve made that known and wish something was able to be worked
Note the past tense.
Not that anyone on the planet thinks that the Rays would ever shell out for Crawford. Nor should anyone be surprised that Crawford said, right after an emotional series, that he wishes he could stay. I’ve never seen anything bad written about the guy. He is probably being totally genuine in wishing something could be worked out to keep him in the only major league town he’s ever known.
But that, unfortunately, is not how it works most of the time.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 65
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 17
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)