Oct 13, 2010, 10:31 AM EDT
Here’s Carl Crawford, talking to the Tampa Tribune after last night’s game:
don’t want to leave. Everybody knows that. I like it
here, and I’ve made that known and wish something was able to be worked
Note the past tense.
Not that anyone on the planet thinks that the Rays would ever shell out for Crawford. Nor should anyone be surprised that Crawford said, right after an emotional series, that he wishes he could stay. I’ve never seen anything bad written about the guy. He is probably being totally genuine in wishing something could be worked out to keep him in the only major league town he’s ever known.
But that, unfortunately, is not how it works most of the time.
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 20
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 44
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 101
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 59