Oct 13, 2010, 10:31 AM EDT
Here’s Carl Crawford, talking to the Tampa Tribune after last night’s game:
don’t want to leave. Everybody knows that. I like it
here, and I’ve made that known and wish something was able to be worked
Note the past tense.
Not that anyone on the planet thinks that the Rays would ever shell out for Crawford. Nor should anyone be surprised that Crawford said, right after an emotional series, that he wishes he could stay. I’ve never seen anything bad written about the guy. He is probably being totally genuine in wishing something could be worked out to keep him in the only major league town he’s ever known.
But that, unfortunately, is not how it works most of the time.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)