Oct 13, 2010, 10:31 AM EST
Here’s Carl Crawford, talking to the Tampa Tribune after last night’s game:
don’t want to leave. Everybody knows that. I like it
here, and I’ve made that known and wish something was able to be worked
Note the past tense.
Not that anyone on the planet thinks that the Rays would ever shell out for Crawford. Nor should anyone be surprised that Crawford said, right after an emotional series, that he wishes he could stay. I’ve never seen anything bad written about the guy. He is probably being totally genuine in wishing something could be worked out to keep him in the only major league town he’s ever known.
But that, unfortunately, is not how it works most of the time.
- Troy Tulowitzki trade between the Rockies and Mets is “not happening” 10
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 28
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 15
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)