Oct 13, 2010, 3:33 PM EST
Major League Baseball has announced that Heath Bell has won the 2010 Delivery Man of the Year Award, presented annually to the league’s best relief pitcher. Bell had a 1.93 ERA and saved 47 saves in 50 chances. That was a save behind Brian Wilson, but Bell had a higher save percentage.
Bell had a hell of a year. There were a lot of relievers that did, actually, including Wilson. And Rafael Soriano. And Joakim Soria. And Rivera. An argument can be made that any of those guys, and maybe some others, were deserving.
And since we haven’t moaned about the AL Cy Young Award for some time here, I wish we had thought to argue about it and call people names and everything before the announcement.
But hey, Heath: you’re still dreamy.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27