Oct 13, 2010, 12:48 PM EST
Rangers reliever Darren O’Day, on the bullpen chatter during Cliff Lee’s complete-game win over the Rays last night:
About the sixth inning we were talking and we said, “Cliff’s gonna finish this game, but let’s warm up so our moms can see us at home.” He likes to finish what he starts.
Lee is now 6-0 with a 1.12 ERA, .185 opponents’ batting average, and 54/6 K/BB ratio in 56.1 career postseason innings spread over seven starts and has gone at least seven innings in all seven games.
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 30
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 37
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)