Oct 13, 2010, 12:48 PM EDT
Rangers reliever Darren O’Day, on the bullpen chatter during Cliff Lee’s complete-game win over the Rays last night:
About the sixth inning we were talking and we said, “Cliff’s gonna finish this game, but let’s warm up so our moms can see us at home.” He likes to finish what he starts.
Lee is now 6-0 with a 1.12 ERA, .185 opponents’ batting average, and 54/6 K/BB ratio in 56.1 career postseason innings spread over seven starts and has gone at least seven innings in all seven games.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 62
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 8
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 215
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (215)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)