Oct 13, 2010, 12:48 PM EDT
Rangers reliever Darren O’Day, on the bullpen chatter during Cliff Lee’s complete-game win over the Rays last night:
About the sixth inning we were talking and we said, “Cliff’s gonna finish this game, but let’s warm up so our moms can see us at home.” He likes to finish what he starts.
Lee is now 6-0 with a 1.12 ERA, .185 opponents’ batting average, and 54/6 K/BB ratio in 56.1 career postseason innings spread over seven starts and has gone at least seven innings in all seven games.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (86)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (82)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (75)