Oct 13, 2010, 5:27 PM EST
Jim Bowden of FOX Sports Radio — never the most reliable source on the planet when it comes to these things, but who may right about this — believes that the Rangers will announce a
long-term contract for GM Jon Daniels once their season ends.
This comes after Chuck Greenberg told a reporter yesterday that Daniels “isn’t going anywhere” in response to rumors that the Mets wanted to interview him, and it would be hard to see him saying that unless a deal was, in fact, already done.
I can’t see why Daniels would want to leave Texas. New ownership that supports him, a promise of open pocketbooks and a core in place that already looks poised to contend for a while beats a rebuild job, no?
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 18
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 38
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (77)