Oct 13, 2010, 5:27 PM EST
Jim Bowden of FOX Sports Radio – never the most reliable source on the planet when it comes to these things, but who may right about this — believes that the Rangers will announce a
long-term contract for GM Jon Daniels once their season ends.
This comes after Chuck Greenberg told a reporter yesterday that Daniels “isn’t going anywhere” in response to rumors that the Mets wanted to interview him, and it would be hard to see him saying that unless a deal was, in fact, already done.
I can’t see why Daniels would want to leave Texas. New ownership that supports him, a promise of open pocketbooks and a core in place that already looks poised to contend for a while beats a rebuild job, no?
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 30
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 30
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 71
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)