Oct 13, 2010, 5:27 PM EDT
Jim Bowden of FOX Sports Radio — never the most reliable source on the planet when it comes to these things, but who may right about this — believes that the Rangers will announce a
long-term contract for GM Jon Daniels once their season ends.
This comes after Chuck Greenberg told a reporter yesterday that Daniels “isn’t going anywhere” in response to rumors that the Mets wanted to interview him, and it would be hard to see him saying that unless a deal was, in fact, already done.
I can’t see why Daniels would want to leave Texas. New ownership that supports him, a promise of open pocketbooks and a core in place that already looks poised to contend for a while beats a rebuild job, no?
- Cubs to acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 16
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)