Oct 13, 2010, 5:27 PM EDT
Jim Bowden of FOX Sports Radio — never the most reliable source on the planet when it comes to these things, but who may right about this — believes that the Rangers will announce a
long-term contract for GM Jon Daniels once their season ends.
This comes after Chuck Greenberg told a reporter yesterday that Daniels “isn’t going anywhere” in response to rumors that the Mets wanted to interview him, and it would be hard to see him saying that unless a deal was, in fact, already done.
I can’t see why Daniels would want to leave Texas. New ownership that supports him, a promise of open pocketbooks and a core in place that already looks poised to contend for a while beats a rebuild job, no?
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 6
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 18
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)