Oct 13, 2010, 5:27 PM EDT
Jim Bowden of FOX Sports Radio — never the most reliable source on the planet when it comes to these things, but who may right about this — believes that the Rangers will announce a
long-term contract for GM Jon Daniels once their season ends.
This comes after Chuck Greenberg told a reporter yesterday that Daniels “isn’t going anywhere” in response to rumors that the Mets wanted to interview him, and it would be hard to see him saying that unless a deal was, in fact, already done.
I can’t see why Daniels would want to leave Texas. New ownership that supports him, a promise of open pocketbooks and a core in place that already looks poised to contend for a while beats a rebuild job, no?
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 12
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 21
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 33
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)