Oct 13, 2010, 4:45 PM EDT
When you wear ridiculously flamboyant clothing into a baseball clubhouse where the players are celebrating an ALDS victory by spraying each other with champagne, ginger ale, and beer … well, you run the risk of catching some liquid shrapnel.
And as Jeff Caplan of ESPNDallas.com writes, that’s exactly what happened to TBS sideline reporter Craig Sager after the Rangers’ win over the Rays last night:
[Tommy Hunter] grabs several cans of Bud Light from the neatly stacked coolers on wheels stationed around the clubhouse for easy access. Then Hunter made his move. He stalked Sager, and once he got within firing range, he shook and fired. Like a fire hose of barley and hops, Hunter doused Sager, spraying him from his neatly brushed hair down to his some-sort-of-animal-skin loafers.
Sager, at a total loss, took the soaking without saying much of anything, seemingly stunned with a look on his face that said, “Hey, what’d I do?” Then came the kicker. Hunter, his beer barrage finally over and Sager literally drenched, gave a whoop as he turned away from Sager and then shouted: “I don’t even know who you are!”
On one hand that wasn’t very nice of Tommy Hunter. On the other hand, anyone going into the clubhouse mid-celebration has to expect to be doused in something and presumably a big part of the reason Sager dresses like he does is to be noticed when he walks into a room. He got his wish.
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 7
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 15
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 14
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 78
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)