Oct 13, 2010, 10:42 PM EDT
Twins outfielder (and sometimes first-baseman) Michael Cuddyer underwent a surgical procedure on his right knee Wednesday, getting it out of the way soon after his club was eliminated from the ALDS by the Yankees.
Cuddyer took to his Twitter page this evening to say that everything “went well” and that he appreciated all the support.
The 31-year-old batted .271/.336/.417 with 14 homers, 81 RBI and 93 runs over 157 games during the 2010 regular season. He filled in most of the year for first baseman Justin Morneau, who fell victim to a concussion early on and never made it back.
Cuddyer went 2-for-4 with a home run in Game 1 of the ALDS, but 0-for-7 with three strikeouts in the last two contests.
* By the way, you Minnesotans can’t pretend to dislike that. It’s a compliment, and anyone who’s been to the state knows why you’re all so damn pleasant. Because Minnesota is clean and gorgeous, and because everyone knows that a lake house party is the best kind of party.
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 6
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 18
- Don Mattingly may be uttering his last words as Dodgers manager 36
- Jaime Garcia needs shoulder surgery 6
- Rafael Soriano calls out Bryce Harper for the game-tying triple last night 58
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (108)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings