Oct 13, 2010, 10:42 PM EST
Twins outfielder (and sometimes first-baseman) Michael Cuddyer underwent a surgical procedure on his right knee Wednesday, getting it out of the way soon after his club was eliminated from the ALDS by the Yankees.
Cuddyer took to his Twitter page this evening to say that everything “went well” and that he appreciated all the support.
The 31-year-old batted .271/.336/.417 with 14 homers, 81 RBI and 93 runs over 157 games during the 2010 regular season. He filled in most of the year for first baseman Justin Morneau, who fell victim to a concussion early on and never made it back.
Cuddyer went 2-for-4 with a home run in Game 1 of the ALDS, but 0-for-7 with three strikeouts in the last two contests.
* By the way, you Minnesotans can’t pretend to dislike that. It’s a compliment, and anyone who’s been to the state knows why you’re all so damn pleasant. Because Minnesota is clean and gorgeous, and because everyone knows that a lake house party is the best kind of party.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 20
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 75
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 45
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 141
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)