Oct 14, 2010, 11:19 AM EST
TMZ’s cameras spotted Barry Bonds walking through a parking lot in California yesterday and after prefacing his comments with “I’ll give you your thing” the seven-time MVP had the following thoughts on the NLCS:
I will always be a Giants fan. The Giants are in my heart. The city I love. It’s like I always try to tell people, I don’t really have fans in San Francisco, I have family. That’s my family. So if you think I’m going for Philadelphia, forget it. I’m a Giants fan for life. I love you. Much love to San Francisco.
At which point Bonds blew a kiss to the camera and yelled, “I hope you beat their ass!”
Not exactly a shocking stance for Bonds to take after he spent 15 seasons in San Francisco (and his father spent seven years there). Maybe if the Giants were playing the Pirates in the NLCS his rooting interests would be slightly less obvious, although presumably in a scenario that involves Pittsburgh making the playoffs the world would be ending and no one would care about baseball anyway.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 20
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 70
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 120
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (102)