Oct 14, 2010, 11:19 AM EDT
TMZ’s cameras spotted Barry Bonds walking through a parking lot in California yesterday and after prefacing his comments with “I’ll give you your thing” the seven-time MVP had the following thoughts on the NLCS:
I will always be a Giants fan. The Giants are in my heart. The city I love. It’s like I always try to tell people, I don’t really have fans in San Francisco, I have family. That’s my family. So if you think I’m going for Philadelphia, forget it. I’m a Giants fan for life. I love you. Much love to San Francisco.
At which point Bonds blew a kiss to the camera and yelled, “I hope you beat their ass!”
Not exactly a shocking stance for Bonds to take after he spent 15 seasons in San Francisco (and his father spent seven years there). Maybe if the Giants were playing the Pirates in the NLCS his rooting interests would be slightly less obvious, although presumably in a scenario that involves Pittsburgh making the playoffs the world would be ending and no one would care about baseball anyway.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)