Oct 14, 2010, 11:19 AM EDT
TMZ’s cameras spotted Barry Bonds walking through a parking lot in California yesterday and after prefacing his comments with “I’ll give you your thing” the seven-time MVP had the following thoughts on the NLCS:
I will always be a Giants fan. The Giants are in my heart. The city I love. It’s like I always try to tell people, I don’t really have fans in San Francisco, I have family. That’s my family. So if you think I’m going for Philadelphia, forget it. I’m a Giants fan for life. I love you. Much love to San Francisco.
At which point Bonds blew a kiss to the camera and yelled, “I hope you beat their ass!”
Not exactly a shocking stance for Bonds to take after he spent 15 seasons in San Francisco (and his father spent seven years there). Maybe if the Giants were playing the Pirates in the NLCS his rooting interests would be slightly less obvious, although presumably in a scenario that involves Pittsburgh making the playoffs the world would be ending and no one would care about baseball anyway.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 70
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 216
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (216)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)