Oct 14, 2010, 11:31 AM EDT
It was depressing when Brewers’ announcer Bob Uecker had to undergo major heart surgery earlier this year. It was great when he recovered and returned to the booth. Now it’s depressing again:
The Milwaukee Brewers say that Newsradio 620 WTMJ Brewers voice Bob Uecker will undergo a second heart surgery on Tuesday.
The team said that a pseudoaneurysm – a tear – happened where his heart valve replacement is located.
Uecker is expected to need eight weeks to recover from the new surgery. He released a statement with the same optimistic take he had going into his last surgery.
Get well soon, Bob.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 42
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (200)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (126)