Oct 14, 2010, 11:31 AM EDT
It was depressing when Brewers’ announcer Bob Uecker had to undergo major heart surgery earlier this year. It was great when he recovered and returned to the booth. Now it’s depressing again:
The Milwaukee Brewers say that Newsradio 620 WTMJ Brewers voice Bob Uecker will undergo a second heart surgery on Tuesday.
The team said that a pseudoaneurysm – a tear – happened where his heart valve replacement is located.
Uecker is expected to need eight weeks to recover from the new surgery. He released a statement with the same optimistic take he had going into his last surgery.
Get well soon, Bob.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (87)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)