Oct 14, 2010, 11:31 AM EST
It was depressing when Brewers’ announcer Bob Uecker had to undergo major heart surgery earlier this year. It was great when he recovered and returned to the booth. Now it’s depressing again:
The Milwaukee Brewers say that Newsradio 620 WTMJ Brewers voice Bob Uecker will undergo a second heart surgery on Tuesday.
The team said that a pseudoaneurysm – a tear – happened where his heart valve replacement is located.
Uecker is expected to need eight weeks to recover from the new surgery. He released a statement with the same optimistic take he had going into his last surgery.
Get well soon, Bob.
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 130
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 21
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 258
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (258)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)