Oct 14, 2010, 11:31 AM EDT
It was depressing when Brewers’ announcer Bob Uecker had to undergo major heart surgery earlier this year. It was great when he recovered and returned to the booth. Now it’s depressing again:
The Milwaukee Brewers say that Newsradio 620 WTMJ Brewers voice Bob Uecker will undergo a second heart surgery on Tuesday.
The team said that a pseudoaneurysm – a tear – happened where his heart valve replacement is located.
Uecker is expected to need eight weeks to recover from the new surgery. He released a statement with the same optimistic take he had going into his last surgery.
Get well soon, Bob.
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 9
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 14
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 23
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 30
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 18
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 82
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 60
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)