Oct 14, 2010, 11:31 AM EST
It was depressing when Brewers’ announcer Bob Uecker had to undergo major heart surgery earlier this year. It was great when he recovered and returned to the booth. Now it’s depressing again:
The Milwaukee Brewers say that Newsradio 620 WTMJ Brewers voice Bob Uecker will undergo a second heart surgery on Tuesday.
The team said that a pseudoaneurysm – a tear – happened where his heart valve replacement is located.
Uecker is expected to need eight weeks to recover from the new surgery. He released a statement with the same optimistic take he had going into his last surgery.
Get well soon, Bob.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)