Oct 14, 2010, 8:50 AM EDT
I think we’re gonna just start listing the jobs Bobby Valentine isn’t rumored to be in the running for, because it would probably save time. The latest: Milwaukee, as reported by Tyler Kepner.
The Brewers actually make more sense for him than Seattle. They have a better core of players and are way more likely to contend with a couple of tweaks than the Mariners are. Sure, Valentine isn’t necessarily past the point where he’d be able or willing to rebuild a team — he strikes me as a more energetic guy than your typical 60 year-old dude — but why make it so hard on yourself?
At any rate, I’ll believe that Valentine is truly a serious candidate for a job when he actually gets hired for one.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 63
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 62
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29