Oct 14, 2010, 8:50 AM EDT
I think we’re gonna just start listing the jobs Bobby Valentine isn’t rumored to be in the running for, because it would probably save time. The latest: Milwaukee, as reported by Tyler Kepner.
The Brewers actually make more sense for him than Seattle. They have a better core of players and are way more likely to contend with a couple of tweaks than the Mariners are. Sure, Valentine isn’t necessarily past the point where he’d be able or willing to rebuild a team — he strikes me as a more energetic guy than your typical 60 year-old dude — but why make it so hard on yourself?
At any rate, I’ll believe that Valentine is truly a serious candidate for a job when he actually gets hired for one.
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 0
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 15
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 13
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)