Oct 14, 2010, 8:50 AM EST
I think we’re gonna just start listing the jobs Bobby Valentine isn’t rumored to be in the running for, because it would probably save time. The latest: Milwaukee, as reported by Tyler Kepner.
The Brewers actually make more sense for him than Seattle. They have a better core of players and are way more likely to contend with a couple of tweaks than the Mariners are. Sure, Valentine isn’t necessarily past the point where he’d be able or willing to rebuild a team — he strikes me as a more energetic guy than your typical 60 year-old dude — but why make it so hard on yourself?
At any rate, I’ll believe that Valentine is truly a serious candidate for a job when he actually gets hired for one.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)