Oct 14, 2010, 8:50 AM EDT
I think we’re gonna just start listing the jobs Bobby Valentine isn’t rumored to be in the running for, because it would probably save time. The latest: Milwaukee, as reported by Tyler Kepner.
The Brewers actually make more sense for him than Seattle. They have a better core of players and are way more likely to contend with a couple of tweaks than the Mariners are. Sure, Valentine isn’t necessarily past the point where he’d be able or willing to rebuild a team — he strikes me as a more energetic guy than your typical 60 year-old dude — but why make it so hard on yourself?
At any rate, I’ll believe that Valentine is truly a serious candidate for a job when he actually gets hired for one.
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 60
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 54
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 66
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)