Oct 14, 2010, 8:50 AM EDT
I think we’re gonna just start listing the jobs Bobby Valentine isn’t rumored to be in the running for, because it would probably save time. The latest: Milwaukee, as reported by Tyler Kepner.
The Brewers actually make more sense for him than Seattle. They have a better core of players and are way more likely to contend with a couple of tweaks than the Mariners are. Sure, Valentine isn’t necessarily past the point where he’d be able or willing to rebuild a team — he strikes me as a more energetic guy than your typical 60 year-old dude — but why make it so hard on yourself?
At any rate, I’ll believe that Valentine is truly a serious candidate for a job when he actually gets hired for one.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (136)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)