Oct 14, 2010, 8:25 AM EDT
Eh, that’s fake panic. I can’t muster real panic about Tim Lincecum having blister issues because when he realized he was getting a blister he was in the process of striking out 14 dudes and pitching a two-hitter:
Lincecum confirmed to the
Mercury News that his blister problem resurfaced during his dominant
14-strikeout complete game against the Atlanta Braves in the NL Division
“It’s not a big deal, and we’re taking care of it,” said Lincecum, who has received extensive treatment.
the Giants had faced elimination in Game 4 of their division series
Monday, Lincecum was considered iffy to take the ball on short rest.
Manager Bruce Bochy said Lincecum insisted he would have been fine to
pitch if needed.
“It’s under control,” Bochy said.
It would probably be the most depressing thing in the history of things if Lincecum had to leave in, like, the third inning of a 0-0 game because of a blister. But if the Giants don’t seem to be too worried about it, why should we?
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 21
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (113)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)