Oct 14, 2010, 8:25 AM EDT
Eh, that’s fake panic. I can’t muster real panic about Tim Lincecum having blister issues because when he realized he was getting a blister he was in the process of striking out 14 dudes and pitching a two-hitter:
Lincecum confirmed to the
Mercury News that his blister problem resurfaced during his dominant
14-strikeout complete game against the Atlanta Braves in the NL Division
“It’s not a big deal, and we’re taking care of it,” said Lincecum, who has received extensive treatment.
the Giants had faced elimination in Game 4 of their division series
Monday, Lincecum was considered iffy to take the ball on short rest.
Manager Bruce Bochy said Lincecum insisted he would have been fine to
pitch if needed.
“It’s under control,” Bochy said.
It would probably be the most depressing thing in the history of things if Lincecum had to leave in, like, the third inning of a 0-0 game because of a blister. But if the Giants don’t seem to be too worried about it, why should we?
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 3
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 47
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 39
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105