Oct 14, 2010, 8:25 AM EDT
Eh, that’s fake panic. I can’t muster real panic about Tim Lincecum having blister issues because when he realized he was getting a blister he was in the process of striking out 14 dudes and pitching a two-hitter:
Lincecum confirmed to the
Mercury News that his blister problem resurfaced during his dominant
14-strikeout complete game against the Atlanta Braves in the NL Division
“It’s not a big deal, and we’re taking care of it,” said Lincecum, who has received extensive treatment.
the Giants had faced elimination in Game 4 of their division series
Monday, Lincecum was considered iffy to take the ball on short rest.
Manager Bruce Bochy said Lincecum insisted he would have been fine to
pitch if needed.
“It’s under control,” Bochy said.
It would probably be the most depressing thing in the history of things if Lincecum had to leave in, like, the third inning of a 0-0 game because of a blister. But if the Giants don’t seem to be too worried about it, why should we?
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 32
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 77
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 26
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 25
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 131
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 76
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (198)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (131)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)