Oct 14, 2010, 8:25 AM EST
Eh, that’s fake panic. I can’t muster real panic about Tim Lincecum having blister issues because when he realized he was getting a blister he was in the process of striking out 14 dudes and pitching a two-hitter:
Lincecum confirmed to the
Mercury News that his blister problem resurfaced during his dominant
14-strikeout complete game against the Atlanta Braves in the NL Division
“It’s not a big deal, and we’re taking care of it,” said Lincecum, who has received extensive treatment.
the Giants had faced elimination in Game 4 of their division series
Monday, Lincecum was considered iffy to take the ball on short rest.
Manager Bruce Bochy said Lincecum insisted he would have been fine to
pitch if needed.
“It’s under control,” Bochy said.
It would probably be the most depressing thing in the history of things if Lincecum had to leave in, like, the third inning of a 0-0 game because of a blister. But if the Giants don’t seem to be too worried about it, why should we?
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 39
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 89
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 121
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (121)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (108)