Oct 14, 2010, 8:25 AM EST
Eh, that’s fake panic. I can’t muster real panic about Tim Lincecum having blister issues because when he realized he was getting a blister he was in the process of striking out 14 dudes and pitching a two-hitter:
Lincecum confirmed to the
Mercury News that his blister problem resurfaced during his dominant
14-strikeout complete game against the Atlanta Braves in the NL Division
“It’s not a big deal, and we’re taking care of it,” said Lincecum, who has received extensive treatment.
the Giants had faced elimination in Game 4 of their division series
Monday, Lincecum was considered iffy to take the ball on short rest.
Manager Bruce Bochy said Lincecum insisted he would have been fine to
pitch if needed.
“It’s under control,” Bochy said.
It would probably be the most depressing thing in the history of things if Lincecum had to leave in, like, the third inning of a 0-0 game because of a blister. But if the Giants don’t seem to be too worried about it, why should we?
- Report: Cuban infielder Hector Olivera could have damaged ulnar collateral ligament 1
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 12
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 10
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 142
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 372
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (372)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (144)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (91)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)