Oct 14, 2010, 11:01 AM EDT
Jeff Francoeur is always smiling, the media loves him and I’m totally prepared to admit that my hatred of him is highly irrational. But sometimes I’m convinced that he truly is evil. Listen to what he told the Daily News:
“I always wanted to know what it was like to play meaningful baseball in New York and I’m going to have the opportunity.”
There’s about a 99.2% chance that the turn of phrase was totally innocuous, and all he means is that he wanted to make the playoffs with the Mets. There’s a 0.8% chance, however — and it’s a 0.8% I’m clinging too! — that he was wanting to make Mets fans feel awful about following a hopeless team that he himself helped make hopeless.
Which would be impossibly and deliciously mean of Frenchie. So much so that I’d consider buying him a drink and giving him a high-five if I saw him out someplace.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 14
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 45
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17