Oct 15, 2010, 4:44 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 1 of the ALCS tonight:
NEW YORK YANKEES TEXAS RANGERS 1. Derek Jeter, SS 1. Elvis Andrus, SS 2. Nick Swisher, RF 2. Michael Young, 3B 3. Mark Teixeira, 1B 3. Josh Hamilton, CF 4. Alex Rodriguez, 3B 4. Vladimir Guerrero, DH 5. Robinson Cano, 2B 5. Nelson Cruz, LF 6. Marcus Thames, DH 6. Ian Kinsler, 2B 7. Jorge Posada, C 7. Jeff Francoeur, RF 8. Curtis Granderson, CF 8. Matt Treanor, C 9. Brett Gardner, LF 9. Jorge Cantu, 1B
That’s the same lineup the Yankees used against left-handed starters Francisco Liriano and Brian Duensing in their ALDS sweep of the Twins. Marcus Thames gets the nod over Lance Berkman at designated hitter, with Curtis Granderson and Brett Gardner both in the lineup against a lefty while Austin Kearns rides the bench.
Rangers manager Ron Washington is turning back to Jorge Cantu after he sat out Game 5 of the ALDS against left-hander David Price. Matt Treanor draws the start behind the plate over Bengie Molina because he’s essentially C.J. Wilson’s personal catcher.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 2
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 15
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 20
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 9
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 46
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (245)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)