Oct 15, 2010, 4:44 PM EST
Here are the lineups for Game 1 of the ALCS tonight:
NEW YORK YANKEES TEXAS RANGERS 1. Derek Jeter, SS 1. Elvis Andrus, SS 2. Nick Swisher, RF 2. Michael Young, 3B 3. Mark Teixeira, 1B 3. Josh Hamilton, CF 4. Alex Rodriguez, 3B 4. Vladimir Guerrero, DH 5. Robinson Cano, 2B 5. Nelson Cruz, LF 6. Marcus Thames, DH 6. Ian Kinsler, 2B 7. Jorge Posada, C 7. Jeff Francoeur, RF 8. Curtis Granderson, CF 8. Matt Treanor, C 9. Brett Gardner, LF 9. Jorge Cantu, 1B
That’s the same lineup the Yankees used against left-handed starters Francisco Liriano and Brian Duensing in their ALDS sweep of the Twins. Marcus Thames gets the nod over Lance Berkman at designated hitter, with Curtis Granderson and Brett Gardner both in the lineup against a lefty while Austin Kearns rides the bench.
Rangers manager Ron Washington is turning back to Jorge Cantu after he sat out Game 5 of the ALDS against left-hander David Price. Matt Treanor draws the start behind the plate over Bengie Molina because he’s essentially C.J. Wilson’s personal catcher.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 7
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (92)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (81)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)