Oct 15, 2010, 2:55 PM EDT
Larry Stone of the Seattle Times is reporting that the Mariners have told Bobby Valentine that he’s out of the running for the Mariners’ job.
This is sad. I figured we wouldn’t hit “Peak Valentine” (i.e. the point in time when the maximum rate of global Bobby Valentine managerial rumors are reached, after which the rate of production of Bobby Valentine rumors enter terminal decline) until at least December. Huh.
No word on who may actually get the job at this point. The M’s have spoken with Eric Wedge and Lloyd McClendon among others. Whoever gets the job has got a lot of work ahead of ’em.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 7
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 18
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 15
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 36
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)