Oct 15, 2010, 2:55 PM EDT
Larry Stone of the Seattle Times is reporting that the Mariners have told Bobby Valentine that he’s out of the running for the Mariners’ job.
This is sad. I figured we wouldn’t hit “Peak Valentine” (i.e. the point in time when the maximum rate of global Bobby Valentine managerial rumors are reached, after which the rate of production of Bobby Valentine rumors enter terminal decline) until at least December. Huh.
No word on who may actually get the job at this point. The M’s have spoken with Eric Wedge and Lloyd McClendon among others. Whoever gets the job has got a lot of work ahead of ‘em.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 52
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 89
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (101)