Oct 15, 2010, 2:55 PM EDT
Larry Stone of the Seattle Times is reporting that the Mariners have told Bobby Valentine that he’s out of the running for the Mariners’ job.
This is sad. I figured we wouldn’t hit “Peak Valentine” (i.e. the point in time when the maximum rate of global Bobby Valentine managerial rumors are reached, after which the rate of production of Bobby Valentine rumors enter terminal decline) until at least December. Huh.
No word on who may actually get the job at this point. The M’s have spoken with Eric Wedge and Lloyd McClendon among others. Whoever gets the job has got a lot of work ahead of ‘em.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 55
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)