Oct 15, 2010, 2:55 PM EDT
Larry Stone of the Seattle Times is reporting that the Mariners have told Bobby Valentine that he’s out of the running for the Mariners’ job.
This is sad. I figured we wouldn’t hit “Peak Valentine” (i.e. the point in time when the maximum rate of global Bobby Valentine managerial rumors are reached, after which the rate of production of Bobby Valentine rumors enter terminal decline) until at least December. Huh.
No word on who may actually get the job at this point. The M’s have spoken with Eric Wedge and Lloyd McClendon among others. Whoever gets the job has got a lot of work ahead of ‘em.
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 16
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 40
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 16
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 73
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)