Oct 15, 2010, 2:55 PM EST
Larry Stone of the Seattle Times is reporting that the Mariners have told Bobby Valentine that he’s out of the running for the Mariners’ job.
This is sad. I figured we wouldn’t hit “Peak Valentine” (i.e. the point in time when the maximum rate of global Bobby Valentine managerial rumors are reached, after which the rate of production of Bobby Valentine rumors enter terminal decline) until at least December. Huh.
No word on who may actually get the job at this point. The M’s have spoken with Eric Wedge and Lloyd McClendon among others. Whoever gets the job has got a lot of work ahead of ‘em.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 7
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)