Oct 15, 2010, 4:55 PM EST
News that Bobby Valentine and John Gibbons are both out of the running for Seattle’s managerial opening has people starting to connect some dots suggesting that the Mariners are leaning very heavily toward Eric Wedge as their new manager.
Based on the list of guys they interviewed the Mariners are clearing looking for someone with previous experience managing in the majors and Wedge certainly fits that description, going 561-573 (.495) in seven seasons as the Indians’ manager prior to being fired at the end of 2009.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)