Oct 15, 2010, 4:16 PM EDT
Phillies fifth starter Kyle Kendrick was left off the NLDS roster, but with Philadelphia potentially needing to use someone other than The Big Three to start against the Giants he’s back on the roster for the NLCS.
Kendrick won’t start, because Joe Blanton will get the assignment if Charlie Manuel turns to a mere mortal in Game 4, but he’ll be available as a long reliever and possible extra-innings emergency arm.
Domonic Brown remains on the roster after appearing just once as a pinch-hitter in the NLDS. He got the nod over veteran Greg Dobbs, which is a good call by the Phillies. Brown didn’t do much while playing sparingly in his first taste of the big leagues, but he crushed Triple-A pitching for most of the season and is among the best hitting prospects in baseball.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)