Oct 15, 2010, 4:16 PM EDT
Phillies fifth starter Kyle Kendrick was left off the NLDS roster, but with Philadelphia potentially needing to use someone other than The Big Three to start against the Giants he’s back on the roster for the NLCS.
Kendrick won’t start, because Joe Blanton will get the assignment if Charlie Manuel turns to a mere mortal in Game 4, but he’ll be available as a long reliever and possible extra-innings emergency arm.
Domonic Brown remains on the roster after appearing just once as a pinch-hitter in the NLDS. He got the nod over veteran Greg Dobbs, which is a good call by the Phillies. Brown didn’t do much while playing sparingly in his first taste of the big leagues, but he crushed Triple-A pitching for most of the season and is among the best hitting prospects in baseball.
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 38
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 26
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 59
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 19
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)