Oct 15, 2010, 4:16 PM EDT
Phillies fifth starter Kyle Kendrick was left off the NLDS roster, but with Philadelphia potentially needing to use someone other than The Big Three to start against the Giants he’s back on the roster for the NLCS.
Kendrick won’t start, because Joe Blanton will get the assignment if Charlie Manuel turns to a mere mortal in Game 4, but he’ll be available as a long reliever and possible extra-innings emergency arm.
Domonic Brown remains on the roster after appearing just once as a pinch-hitter in the NLDS. He got the nod over veteran Greg Dobbs, which is a good call by the Phillies. Brown didn’t do much while playing sparingly in his first taste of the big leagues, but he crushed Triple-A pitching for most of the season and is among the best hitting prospects in baseball.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 16
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)