Oct 15, 2010, 4:16 PM EDT
Phillies fifth starter Kyle Kendrick was left off the NLDS roster, but with Philadelphia potentially needing to use someone other than The Big Three to start against the Giants he’s back on the roster for the NLCS.
Kendrick won’t start, because Joe Blanton will get the assignment if Charlie Manuel turns to a mere mortal in Game 4, but he’ll be available as a long reliever and possible extra-innings emergency arm.
Domonic Brown remains on the roster after appearing just once as a pinch-hitter in the NLDS. He got the nod over veteran Greg Dobbs, which is a good call by the Phillies. Brown didn’t do much while playing sparingly in his first taste of the big leagues, but he crushed Triple-A pitching for most of the season and is among the best hitting prospects in baseball.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 43
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 43
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 141
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (143)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)