Oct 15, 2010, 4:16 PM EST
Phillies fifth starter Kyle Kendrick was left off the NLDS roster, but with Philadelphia potentially needing to use someone other than The Big Three to start against the Giants he’s back on the roster for the NLCS.
Kendrick won’t start, because Joe Blanton will get the assignment if Charlie Manuel turns to a mere mortal in Game 4, but he’ll be available as a long reliever and possible extra-innings emergency arm.
Domonic Brown remains on the roster after appearing just once as a pinch-hitter in the NLDS. He got the nod over veteran Greg Dobbs, which is a good call by the Phillies. Brown didn’t do much while playing sparingly in his first taste of the big leagues, but he crushed Triple-A pitching for most of the season and is among the best hitting prospects in baseball.
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 5
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 19
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 103
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (105)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)