Oct 15, 2010, 11:56 AM EDT
With Game 1 of the ALCS against the Yankees only hours away, the Rangers have announced some slight changes to their roster.
According to Ed Price of AOL Fanhouse, left-handers Michael Kirkman and Clay Rapada have been added for this round, while right-hander Dustin Nippert and speedster Esteban German have been taken off.
Kirkman, 24, spent most of the year as a starting pitcher with Triple-A Oklahoma City, but posted a 1.65 ERA and 16/10 K/BB ratio over 14 relief appearances with the Rangers down the stretch. Rapada, 29, had a 4.00 ERA and 5/7 K/BB ratio in 13 relief appearances with the Rangers this season, but managed a fantastic 1.82 ERA and 61/21 K/BB ratio over 59 1/3 innings with Triple-A Oklahoma City. He held left-handed batters to a .120 batting average.
Along with Darren Oliver and Derek Holland, the Rangers now have four left-handers in their bullpen.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 14
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 45
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17