Oct 15, 2010, 11:56 AM EDT
With Game 1 of the ALCS against the Yankees only hours away, the Rangers have announced some slight changes to their roster.
According to Ed Price of AOL Fanhouse, left-handers Michael Kirkman and Clay Rapada have been added for this round, while right-hander Dustin Nippert and speedster Esteban German have been taken off.
Kirkman, 24, spent most of the year as a starting pitcher with Triple-A Oklahoma City, but posted a 1.65 ERA and 16/10 K/BB ratio over 14 relief appearances with the Rangers down the stretch. Rapada, 29, had a 4.00 ERA and 5/7 K/BB ratio in 13 relief appearances with the Rangers this season, but managed a fantastic 1.82 ERA and 61/21 K/BB ratio over 59 1/3 innings with Triple-A Oklahoma City. He held left-handed batters to a .120 batting average.
Along with Darren Oliver and Derek Holland, the Rangers now have four left-handers in their bullpen.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 0
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)