Oct 16, 2010, 1:50 PM EST
Here are the lineups for Game 2 of the ALCS between the Yankees and Rangers, set to begin shortly after 4 p.m. ET:
NEW YORK YANKEES TEXAS RANGERS 1. Derek Jeter, SS 1. Elvis Andrus, SS 2. Curtis Granderson, CF 2. Michael Young, 3B 3. Mark Teixeira, 1B 3. Josh Hamilton, CF 4. Alex Rodriguez, 3B 4. Vladimir Guerrero, DH 5. Robinson Cano, 2B 5. Nelson Cruz, RF 6. Nick Swisher, RF 6. Ian Kinsler, 2B 7. Jorge Posada, C 7. David Murphy, LF 8. Lance Berkman, DH 8. Bengie Molina, C 9. Brett Gardner, LF 9. Mitch Moreland, 1B
This is the standard Yankees’ lineup against right-handed starters, as Lance Berkman steps as the designated hitter for Marcus Thames and Curtis Granderson moves from eighth to second in the order.
As for the Rangers, they have a whole new 7-8-9 this afternoon. David Murphy and Mitch Moreland are in there against right-hander Phil Hughes and Bengie Molina returns to the lineup after C.J. Wilson used his personal catcher Matt Treanor in Game 1.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 71
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (142)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (80)