Oct 16, 2010, 1:50 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 2 of the ALCS between the Yankees and Rangers, set to begin shortly after 4 p.m. ET:
NEW YORK YANKEES TEXAS RANGERS 1. Derek Jeter, SS 1. Elvis Andrus, SS 2. Curtis Granderson, CF 2. Michael Young, 3B 3. Mark Teixeira, 1B 3. Josh Hamilton, CF 4. Alex Rodriguez, 3B 4. Vladimir Guerrero, DH 5. Robinson Cano, 2B 5. Nelson Cruz, RF 6. Nick Swisher, RF 6. Ian Kinsler, 2B 7. Jorge Posada, C 7. David Murphy, LF 8. Lance Berkman, DH 8. Bengie Molina, C 9. Brett Gardner, LF 9. Mitch Moreland, 1B
This is the standard Yankees’ lineup against right-handed starters, as Lance Berkman steps as the designated hitter for Marcus Thames and Curtis Granderson moves from eighth to second in the order.
As for the Rangers, they have a whole new 7-8-9 this afternoon. David Murphy and Mitch Moreland are in there against right-hander Phil Hughes and Bengie Molina returns to the lineup after C.J. Wilson used his personal catcher Matt Treanor in Game 1.
- Cardinals sign Cuban infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 0
- UPDATE: Ervin Santana is prepared to wait “days” before signing 41
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)