Oct 16, 2010, 1:50 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 2 of the ALCS between the Yankees and Rangers, set to begin shortly after 4 p.m. ET:
NEW YORK YANKEES TEXAS RANGERS 1. Derek Jeter, SS 1. Elvis Andrus, SS 2. Curtis Granderson, CF 2. Michael Young, 3B 3. Mark Teixeira, 1B 3. Josh Hamilton, CF 4. Alex Rodriguez, 3B 4. Vladimir Guerrero, DH 5. Robinson Cano, 2B 5. Nelson Cruz, RF 6. Nick Swisher, RF 6. Ian Kinsler, 2B 7. Jorge Posada, C 7. David Murphy, LF 8. Lance Berkman, DH 8. Bengie Molina, C 9. Brett Gardner, LF 9. Mitch Moreland, 1B
This is the standard Yankees’ lineup against right-handed starters, as Lance Berkman steps as the designated hitter for Marcus Thames and Curtis Granderson moves from eighth to second in the order.
As for the Rangers, they have a whole new 7-8-9 this afternoon. David Murphy and Mitch Moreland are in there against right-hander Phil Hughes and Bengie Molina returns to the lineup after C.J. Wilson used his personal catcher Matt Treanor in Game 1.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 45
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 106