Oct 16, 2010, 6:37 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 1 of the NLCS between the Giants and Phillies, set to begin shortly after 7:30 p.m. ET.
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES 1. Andres Torres, CF 1. Shane Victorino, CF 2. Freddy Sanchez, 2B 2. Placido Polanco, 3B 3. Aubrey Huff, 1B 3. Chase Utley, 2B 4. Buster Posey, C 4. Ryan Howard, 1B 5. Pat Burrell, LF 5. Jayson Werth, RF 6. Juan Uribe, SS 6. Jimmy Rollins, SS 7. Mike Fontenot, 3B 7. Raul Ibanez, LF 8. Cody Ross, RF 8. Carlos Ruiz, C 9. Tim Lincecum, P 9. Roy Halladay, P
Nothing too surprising here, as each manager pretty much sticks with their standard lineup from the first round.
Mike Fontenot gets the start at third base over Pablo Sandoval once again. All things being equal, Sandoval is probably the superior option to Fontenot offensively, but he batted just .208/.266/.299 with four homers, 23 RBI and a 565 OPS away from AT&T park during the regular season. Giants manager Bruce Bochy told Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury News that there’s a good chance Sandoval will start at third base later in the series, possibly as soon as tomorrow.
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 6
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 1
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 3
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 31
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 79
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (116)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)