Oct 16, 2010, 6:37 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 1 of the NLCS between the Giants and Phillies, set to begin shortly after 7:30 p.m. ET.
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES 1. Andres Torres, CF 1. Shane Victorino, CF 2. Freddy Sanchez, 2B 2. Placido Polanco, 3B 3. Aubrey Huff, 1B 3. Chase Utley, 2B 4. Buster Posey, C 4. Ryan Howard, 1B 5. Pat Burrell, LF 5. Jayson Werth, RF 6. Juan Uribe, SS 6. Jimmy Rollins, SS 7. Mike Fontenot, 3B 7. Raul Ibanez, LF 8. Cody Ross, RF 8. Carlos Ruiz, C 9. Tim Lincecum, P 9. Roy Halladay, P
Nothing too surprising here, as each manager pretty much sticks with their standard lineup from the first round.
Mike Fontenot gets the start at third base over Pablo Sandoval once again. All things being equal, Sandoval is probably the superior option to Fontenot offensively, but he batted just .208/.266/.299 with four homers, 23 RBI and a 565 OPS away from AT&T park during the regular season. Giants manager Bruce Bochy told Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury News that there’s a good chance Sandoval will start at third base later in the series, possibly as soon as tomorrow.
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 33
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 21
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 50
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)