Oct 16, 2010, 6:37 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 1 of the NLCS between the Giants and Phillies, set to begin shortly after 7:30 p.m. ET.
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES 1. Andres Torres, CF 1. Shane Victorino, CF 2. Freddy Sanchez, 2B 2. Placido Polanco, 3B 3. Aubrey Huff, 1B 3. Chase Utley, 2B 4. Buster Posey, C 4. Ryan Howard, 1B 5. Pat Burrell, LF 5. Jayson Werth, RF 6. Juan Uribe, SS 6. Jimmy Rollins, SS 7. Mike Fontenot, 3B 7. Raul Ibanez, LF 8. Cody Ross, RF 8. Carlos Ruiz, C 9. Tim Lincecum, P 9. Roy Halladay, P
Nothing too surprising here, as each manager pretty much sticks with their standard lineup from the first round.
Mike Fontenot gets the start at third base over Pablo Sandoval once again. All things being equal, Sandoval is probably the superior option to Fontenot offensively, but he batted just .208/.266/.299 with four homers, 23 RBI and a 565 OPS away from AT&T park during the regular season. Giants manager Bruce Bochy told Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury News that there’s a good chance Sandoval will start at third base later in the series, possibly as soon as tomorrow.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 6
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)