Oct 16, 2010, 6:37 PM EST
Here are the lineups for Game 1 of the NLCS between the Giants and Phillies, set to begin shortly after 7:30 p.m. ET.
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES 1. Andres Torres, CF 1. Shane Victorino, CF 2. Freddy Sanchez, 2B 2. Placido Polanco, 3B 3. Aubrey Huff, 1B 3. Chase Utley, 2B 4. Buster Posey, C 4. Ryan Howard, 1B 5. Pat Burrell, LF 5. Jayson Werth, RF 6. Juan Uribe, SS 6. Jimmy Rollins, SS 7. Mike Fontenot, 3B 7. Raul Ibanez, LF 8. Cody Ross, RF 8. Carlos Ruiz, C 9. Tim Lincecum, P 9. Roy Halladay, P
Nothing too surprising here, as each manager pretty much sticks with their standard lineup from the first round.
Mike Fontenot gets the start at third base over Pablo Sandoval once again. All things being equal, Sandoval is probably the superior option to Fontenot offensively, but he batted just .208/.266/.299 with four homers, 23 RBI and a 565 OPS away from AT&T park during the regular season. Giants manager Bruce Bochy told Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury News that there’s a good chance Sandoval will start at third base later in the series, possibly as soon as tomorrow.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)