Oct 17, 2010, 3:38 PM EDT
Francisco Rodriguez was placed on the restricted list in mid-August after allegedly assaulting his girlfriend’s father inside the walls of Citi Field. He did not throw another pitch and was not paid over the last month-plus of the regular season.
Hey may never pitching again for the Mets, but, according to Adam Rubin of ESPN New York, K-Rod plans to get back to live baseball in early November.
The 28-year-old is close to being recovered from the torn right thumb ligament that he suffered in the alleged assault and has made plans to participate in the Venezuelan Winter League. Rodriguez turned in a 2.20 ERA, 67/21 K/BB ratio and 1.15 WHIP over 57.1 innings this season while converting 25 of 30 saves. He still has the goods and is likely to find another gig if the Mets want to cut ties completely.
Rodriguez and the Mets are close to agreeing on a settlement for the remaining $11.5 million on K-Rod’s current deal. He also has a $17.5 million vesting option for 2012 that will factor into the final number.
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 5
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 58
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 46
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (248)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)