Oct 18, 2010, 10:48 AM EDT
According to Joe Frisaro of MLB.com “indications are Bo Porter has emerged as the frontrunner” for the Marlins’ managerial opening.
Porter was the Diamondbacks’ bench coach this season before being let go in the housecleaning that went along with Kirk Gibson being named full-time manager earlier this month. Prior to that he was the Marlins’ third base coach from 2007 to 2009.
Frisaro reports that Porter “already has been making inquiries about candidates for his coaching staff” and adds that the Marlins haven’t even spoken to interim manager Edwin Rodriguez since the season ended, suggesting that he’s not viewed as a legitimate candidate for the full-time position despite a 46-46 record after replacing Fredi Gonzalez in mid-June.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)