Oct 18, 2010, 10:48 AM EDT
According to Joe Frisaro of MLB.com “indications are Bo Porter has emerged as the frontrunner” for the Marlins’ managerial opening.
Porter was the Diamondbacks’ bench coach this season before being let go in the housecleaning that went along with Kirk Gibson being named full-time manager earlier this month. Prior to that he was the Marlins’ third base coach from 2007 to 2009.
Frisaro reports that Porter “already has been making inquiries about candidates for his coaching staff” and adds that the Marlins haven’t even spoken to interim manager Edwin Rodriguez since the season ended, suggesting that he’s not viewed as a legitimate candidate for the full-time position despite a 46-46 record after replacing Fredi Gonzalez in mid-June.
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 17
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 4
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 3
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 62
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 13
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (70)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games