Oct 18, 2010, 6:44 PM EDT
According to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, the Brewers will interview Nationals third base coach Pat Listach and White Sox bench coach Joey Cora for their managerial vacancy on Tuesday.
Listach, who was originally drafted by the Brewers in 1988 and won the Rookie of the Year with the club in 1992, managed for nine seasons in the Cubs’ minor league system and has spent the past seasons as the third base coach in Washington. Cora doesn’t have any Brewers ties, but he is considered one of the top managerial prospects in the game. He has served as Ozzie Guillen’s bench coach with the South Siders for the past seven seasons.
Haudricourt also mentions that former Mariners and Diamondbacks manager Bob Melvin will interview on Wednesday, while former Brewer and Astros manager Cecil Cooper has yet to hear from the club. I feel like the Brewers are almost destined to hire Bob Melvin so that I can constantly confuse him with the team’s GM Doug Melvin.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 18
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (121)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)