Oct 18, 2010, 6:44 PM EDT
According to Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, the Brewers will interview Nationals third base coach Pat Listach and White Sox bench coach Joey Cora for their managerial vacancy on Tuesday.
Listach, who was originally drafted by the Brewers in 1988 and won the Rookie of the Year with the club in 1992, managed for nine seasons in the Cubs’ minor league system and has spent the past seasons as the third base coach in Washington. Cora doesn’t have any Brewers ties, but he is considered one of the top managerial prospects in the game. He has served as Ozzie Guillen’s bench coach with the South Siders for the past seven seasons.
Haudricourt also mentions that former Mariners and Diamondbacks manager Bob Melvin will interview on Wednesday, while former Brewer and Astros manager Cecil Cooper has yet to hear from the club. I feel like the Brewers are almost destined to hire Bob Melvin so that I can constantly confuse him with the team’s GM Doug Melvin.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)