Oct 18, 2010, 3:10 PM EDT
As we sit around and wait for the game to start — really, besides the Eric Wedge thing, it’s all waiting right now — let’s look at the oddest stat you’ll see today: Jeff Francoeur: career OPS 0f 1.144 against Andy Pettitte.
That courtesy of Jamey Newberg. Granted, it’s only 11 plate appearances, but I didn’t think Frenchie could get even that in a small sample side against a guy like Pettitte, even if he is a lefty.
In other news, I think this appreciation of Jeff Francoeuer may be unironic. Which is frankly scary. Warning: lots of “F-words” there.
- Playoff Reset: Both AL Division Series Get Underway 25
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 17
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 52
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (83)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)