Oct 18, 2010, 3:10 PM EST
As we sit around and wait for the game to start — really, besides the Eric Wedge thing, it’s all waiting right now — let’s look at the oddest stat you’ll see today: Jeff Francoeur: career OPS 0f 1.144 against Andy Pettitte.
That courtesy of Jamey Newberg. Granted, it’s only 11 plate appearances, but I didn’t think Frenchie could get even that in a small sample side against a guy like Pettitte, even if he is a lefty.
In other news, I think this appreciation of Jeff Francoeuer may be unironic. Which is frankly scary. Warning: lots of “F-words” there.
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 14
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 82
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 61
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)