Oct 18, 2010, 3:10 PM EDT
As we sit around and wait for the game to start — really, besides the Eric Wedge thing, it’s all waiting right now — let’s look at the oddest stat you’ll see today: Jeff Francoeur: career OPS 0f 1.144 against Andy Pettitte.
That courtesy of Jamey Newberg. Granted, it’s only 11 plate appearances, but I didn’t think Frenchie could get even that in a small sample side against a guy like Pettitte, even if he is a lefty.
In other news, I think this appreciation of Jeff Francoeuer may be unironic. Which is frankly scary. Warning: lots of “F-words” there.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 6
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 37
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)