Oct 18, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
This is weird: Kirk Gibson is selling his bat, helmet and uniform from the 1988 World Series, as well as his 1984 World Series MVP trophy in an auction. There’s going to be a press conference tomorrow explaining why he’s doing so.
My first thought: man, the Diamondbacks probably need to give their employees raises.
My second thought: I suppose the Hall of Fame never wanted that stuff. Probably because it’s all Kirk Gibsony, and you can never get that out, really.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 3
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 152
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (154)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)