Oct 18, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
This is weird: Kirk Gibson is selling his bat, helmet and uniform from the 1988 World Series, as well as his 1984 World Series MVP trophy in an auction. There’s going to be a press conference tomorrow explaining why he’s doing so.
My first thought: man, the Diamondbacks probably need to give their employees raises.
My second thought: I suppose the Hall of Fame never wanted that stuff. Probably because it’s all Kirk Gibsony, and you can never get that out, really.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 332
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 69
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 45
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (332)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (160)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)