Oct 18, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
This is weird: Kirk Gibson is selling his bat, helmet and uniform from the 1988 World Series, as well as his 1984 World Series MVP trophy in an auction. There’s going to be a press conference tomorrow explaining why he’s doing so.
My first thought: man, the Diamondbacks probably need to give their employees raises.
My second thought: I suppose the Hall of Fame never wanted that stuff. Probably because it’s all Kirk Gibsony, and you can never get that out, really.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 4
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 113
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 25
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39