Oct 18, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
This is weird: Kirk Gibson is selling his bat, helmet and uniform from the 1988 World Series, as well as his 1984 World Series MVP trophy in an auction. There’s going to be a press conference tomorrow explaining why he’s doing so.
My first thought: man, the Diamondbacks probably need to give their employees raises.
My second thought: I suppose the Hall of Fame never wanted that stuff. Probably because it’s all Kirk Gibsony, and you can never get that out, really.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 100
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (109)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)