Oct 18, 2010, 5:06 PM EDT
The Mets seem to be leaning hard toward Sandy Alderson, but their team Twitter feed just tweeted that they’re going to interview Blue Jays assistant GM Dana Brown on Wednesday.
Seems odd that they went through a whole week of interviews, including Alderson, and then set up a second interview for Alderson prior to announcing their interview of Brown. The cynic in me wonders if this wasn’t a move inspired by the need to meet the league’s desire for teams to consider minority candidates before hiring Alderson (Brown is black).
Brown worked in scouting for Nationals and Expos before joining the Jays. In that time he was under Omar Minaya, who served as the Expos/Nats GM. So in the event that Brown does get the job, it would even be more awkward for Minaya to hang around in some capacity than it would if others got the gig. Which should make Mets fans really want Brown to get the gig, I presume.
- Giants manager Bruce Bochy doesn’t expect Matt Cain to pitch again this year 3
- Matt Harvey throws off mound for first time since Tommy John surgery 2
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 46
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)