Oct 18, 2010, 5:06 PM EDT
The Mets seem to be leaning hard toward Sandy Alderson, but their team Twitter feed just tweeted that they’re going to interview Blue Jays assistant GM Dana Brown on Wednesday.
Seems odd that they went through a whole week of interviews, including Alderson, and then set up a second interview for Alderson prior to announcing their interview of Brown. The cynic in me wonders if this wasn’t a move inspired by the need to meet the league’s desire for teams to consider minority candidates before hiring Alderson (Brown is black).
Brown worked in scouting for Nationals and Expos before joining the Jays. In that time he was under Omar Minaya, who served as the Expos/Nats GM. So in the event that Brown does get the job, it would even be more awkward for Minaya to hang around in some capacity than it would if others got the gig. Which should make Mets fans really want Brown to get the gig, I presume.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 2
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 20
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)