Oct 18, 2010, 5:06 PM EST
The Mets seem to be leaning hard toward Sandy Alderson, but their team Twitter feed just tweeted that they’re going to interview Blue Jays assistant GM Dana Brown on Wednesday.
Seems odd that they went through a whole week of interviews, including Alderson, and then set up a second interview for Alderson prior to announcing their interview of Brown. The cynic in me wonders if this wasn’t a move inspired by the need to meet the league’s desire for teams to consider minority candidates before hiring Alderson (Brown is black).
Brown worked in scouting for Nationals and Expos before joining the Jays. In that time he was under Omar Minaya, who served as the Expos/Nats GM. So in the event that Brown does get the job, it would even be more awkward for Minaya to hang around in some capacity than it would if others got the gig. Which should make Mets fans really want Brown to get the gig, I presume.
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 40
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 21
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 62
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)