Oct 18, 2010, 5:06 PM EDT
The Mets seem to be leaning hard toward Sandy Alderson, but their team Twitter feed just tweeted that they’re going to interview Blue Jays assistant GM Dana Brown on Wednesday.
Seems odd that they went through a whole week of interviews, including Alderson, and then set up a second interview for Alderson prior to announcing their interview of Brown. The cynic in me wonders if this wasn’t a move inspired by the need to meet the league’s desire for teams to consider minority candidates before hiring Alderson (Brown is black).
Brown worked in scouting for Nationals and Expos before joining the Jays. In that time he was under Omar Minaya, who served as the Expos/Nats GM. So in the event that Brown does get the job, it would even be more awkward for Minaya to hang around in some capacity than it would if others got the gig. Which should make Mets fans really want Brown to get the gig, I presume.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 6
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 48
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (259)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)