Oct 18, 2010, 5:06 PM EDT
The Mets seem to be leaning hard toward Sandy Alderson, but their team Twitter feed just tweeted that they’re going to interview Blue Jays assistant GM Dana Brown on Wednesday.
Seems odd that they went through a whole week of interviews, including Alderson, and then set up a second interview for Alderson prior to announcing their interview of Brown. The cynic in me wonders if this wasn’t a move inspired by the need to meet the league’s desire for teams to consider minority candidates before hiring Alderson (Brown is black).
Brown worked in scouting for Nationals and Expos before joining the Jays. In that time he was under Omar Minaya, who served as the Expos/Nats GM. So in the event that Brown does get the job, it would even be more awkward for Minaya to hang around in some capacity than it would if others got the gig. Which should make Mets fans really want Brown to get the gig, I presume.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)