Oct 19, 2010, 5:57 AM EDT
Lost in the final score is the fact that, for a time, this was a fabulous pitchers duel. Andy Pettitte made one mistake to Josh Hamilton, but after that he kept his head about him and we were rewarded with what, had the Yankees bullpen not imploded in the ninth, a near-classic matchup of two of the best all time playoff pitchers. But Lee was clearly better than Pettitte. On this night Lee was better than most anyone.
And the Yankees now know that they had best take care of business in games 4, 5 and 6 or else they’ll have to revisit the nightmare one final time in Game 7.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 3
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 78
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 88
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)