Oct 19, 2010, 8:50 AM EDT
The Diamondbacks are going to have to find something else on which to spend the $80 million they had mentally set aside for Japanese ace Yu Darvish, because he has decided to stay in Japan for the 2011 season. His blog post to that effect, translated by Yakyubaka.com:
A lot has been mentions about the Majors.
I received a lot of comments, both on Twitter and on my blog.
I don’t know if this will match everyone’s guess.
I will be wearing a Nippon Ham Fighters uniform.
And if you think I’m not going to adopt that exact format for every personal announcement I make for the rest of my career then you’re crazy.
In other news, check out Darvish’s personal blog — in Japanese — here. I don’t know that much about Darvish, but based on the name of the blog alone I think American baseball will be much poorer for not having him with us next season.
(link via WEEI)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 90
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 64
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 50
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (93)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)