Oct 19, 2010, 8:50 AM EST
The Diamondbacks are going to have to find something else on which to spend the $80 million they had mentally set aside for Japanese ace Yu Darvish, because he has decided to stay in Japan for the 2011 season. His blog post to that effect, translated by Yakyubaka.com:
A lot has been mentions about the Majors.
I received a lot of comments, both on Twitter and on my blog.
I don’t know if this will match everyone’s guess.
I will be wearing a Nippon Ham Fighters uniform.
And if you think I’m not going to adopt that exact format for every personal announcement I make for the rest of my career then you’re crazy.
In other news, check out Darvish’s personal blog — in Japanese — here. I don’t know that much about Darvish, but based on the name of the blog alone I think American baseball will be much poorer for not having him with us next season.
(link via WEEI)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal 0
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (86)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)