Oct 19, 2010, 8:50 AM EDT
The Diamondbacks are going to have to find something else on which to spend the $80 million they had mentally set aside for Japanese ace Yu Darvish, because he has decided to stay in Japan for the 2011 season. His blog post to that effect, translated by Yakyubaka.com:
A lot has been mentions about the Majors.
I received a lot of comments, both on Twitter and on my blog.
I don’t know if this will match everyone’s guess.
I will be wearing a Nippon Ham Fighters uniform.
And if you think I’m not going to adopt that exact format for every personal announcement I make for the rest of my career then you’re crazy.
In other news, check out Darvish’s personal blog — in Japanese — here. I don’t know that much about Darvish, but based on the name of the blog alone I think American baseball will be much poorer for not having him with us next season.
(link via WEEI)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (75)