Oct 19, 2010, 3:59 PM EST
The Red Sox announced their latest — and I believe last — round of improvements to Fenway Park. I’ve not been there, but I’m told that it’s been a pretty good project, overall. The park is getting nice upgrades. It’s a lot nicer and cleaner and more fan friendly than it used to be. But hey, you gotta pay for that somehow, right?
Three new High Definition video display and scoring systems will be installed this off-season at Fenway Park and will represent a significant upgrade over the existing scoreboards. The Red Sox selected ANC Sports to install three new state-of-the-art Mitsubishi Electric Diamond Vision light emitting diode (LED) video screens.
The largest of the three screens, measuring approximately 38 feet high by 100 feet wide, will be the main video board in center field and replace the existing elements of the structure above the bleachers in center field, which was originally constructed prior to the 1976 season.
Since they never show the replays you really want to see on those big boards (i.e. the disputed calls) they’re mostly for advertising. Such is the way of the world.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 161
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (161)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)