Oct 19, 2010, 3:59 PM EDT
The Red Sox announced their latest — and I believe last — round of improvements to Fenway Park. I’ve not been there, but I’m told that it’s been a pretty good project, overall. The park is getting nice upgrades. It’s a lot nicer and cleaner and more fan friendly than it used to be. But hey, you gotta pay for that somehow, right?
Three new High Definition video display and scoring systems will be installed this off-season at Fenway Park and will represent a significant upgrade over the existing scoreboards. The Red Sox selected ANC Sports to install three new state-of-the-art Mitsubishi Electric Diamond Vision light emitting diode (LED) video screens.
The largest of the three screens, measuring approximately 38 feet high by 100 feet wide, will be the main video board in center field and replace the existing elements of the structure above the bleachers in center field, which was originally constructed prior to the 1976 season.
Since they never show the replays you really want to see on those big boards (i.e. the disputed calls) they’re mostly for advertising. Such is the way of the world.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)