Oct 19, 2010, 12:30 PM EST
I haven’t seen anything official on this yet, but MLB.com’s Fantasy 411 outfit is reporting that the Braves have released Melky Cabrera. This causes me to ask several questions:
- Do we measure the time it will take for the Pirates to sign Melky in seconds, milliseconds or nanoseconds?
- Do the Yankees declare victory in the Javy Vazquez trade because theirs is the last tomato can standing?
- Will the Braves have someone standing behind Melky as he cleans out his locker in the likely event that he drops something?
I could probably go all day with these things, but I’ll stop now and pour one out on the ground for my departed homey, Melky Cabrera. One milkshake, that is. I think he would have wanted it that way.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)