Oct 19, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
I haven’t seen anything official on this yet, but MLB.com’s Fantasy 411 outfit is reporting that the Braves have released Melky Cabrera. This causes me to ask several questions:
- Do we measure the time it will take for the Pirates to sign Melky in seconds, milliseconds or nanoseconds?
- Do the Yankees declare victory in the Javy Vazquez trade because theirs is the last tomato can standing?
- Will the Braves have someone standing behind Melky as he cleans out his locker in the likely event that he drops something?
I could probably go all day with these things, but I’ll stop now and pour one out on the ground for my departed homey, Melky Cabrera. One milkshake, that is. I think he would have wanted it that way.
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 0
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 7
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 33
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 40
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 182
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (182)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)