Oct 19, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
I haven’t seen anything official on this yet, but MLB.com’s Fantasy 411 outfit is reporting that the Braves have released Melky Cabrera. This causes me to ask several questions:
- Do we measure the time it will take for the Pirates to sign Melky in seconds, milliseconds or nanoseconds?
- Do the Yankees declare victory in the Javy Vazquez trade because theirs is the last tomato can standing?
- Will the Braves have someone standing behind Melky as he cleans out his locker in the likely event that he drops something?
I could probably go all day with these things, but I’ll stop now and pour one out on the ground for my departed homey, Melky Cabrera. One milkshake, that is. I think he would have wanted it that way.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47