Oct 19, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
I haven’t seen anything official on this yet, but MLB.com’s Fantasy 411 outfit is reporting that the Braves have released Melky Cabrera. This causes me to ask several questions:
- Do we measure the time it will take for the Pirates to sign Melky in seconds, milliseconds or nanoseconds?
- Do the Yankees declare victory in the Javy Vazquez trade because theirs is the last tomato can standing?
- Will the Braves have someone standing behind Melky as he cleans out his locker in the likely event that he drops something?
I could probably go all day with these things, but I’ll stop now and pour one out on the ground for my departed homey, Melky Cabrera. One milkshake, that is. I think he would have wanted it that way.
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 112
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (126)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (100)