Oct 19, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
I haven’t seen anything official on this yet, but MLB.com’s Fantasy 411 outfit is reporting that the Braves have released Melky Cabrera. This causes me to ask several questions:
- Do we measure the time it will take for the Pirates to sign Melky in seconds, milliseconds or nanoseconds?
- Do the Yankees declare victory in the Javy Vazquez trade because theirs is the last tomato can standing?
- Will the Braves have someone standing behind Melky as he cleans out his locker in the likely event that he drops something?
I could probably go all day with these things, but I’ll stop now and pour one out on the ground for my departed homey, Melky Cabrera. One milkshake, that is. I think he would have wanted it that way.
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 5
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 53
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 27
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 131
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (131)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)