Oct 19, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
After finishing runner-up to Mike Quade in the Cubs’ managerial search this morning Ryne Sandberg told Dave van Dyck of the Chicago Tribune that he’s unlikely to remain in the organization.
I’m just kind of digesting it right now and I’ve got my agent getting feelers out. I’m hoping there’s something else out there. I’m hoping to manage or coach at the big-league level.
Sandberg, who was named Pacific Coast League manager of the year in his first season at Triple-A Iowa, replied “I haven’t heard from anyone” when asked about reports that he was a candidate for the Blue Jays’ job.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 3
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 23
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 13
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 183
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (183)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)