Oct 19, 2010, 3:15 PM EST
After finishing runner-up to Mike Quade in the Cubs’ managerial search this morning Ryne Sandberg told Dave van Dyck of the Chicago Tribune that he’s unlikely to remain in the organization.
I’m just kind of digesting it right now and I’ve got my agent getting feelers out. I’m hoping there’s something else out there. I’m hoping to manage or coach at the big-league level.
Sandberg, who was named Pacific Coast League manager of the year in his first season at Triple-A Iowa, replied “I haven’t heard from anyone” when asked about reports that he was a candidate for the Blue Jays’ job.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 26
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 281
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 17
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (281)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)