Oct 19, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
After finishing runner-up to Mike Quade in the Cubs’ managerial search this morning Ryne Sandberg told Dave van Dyck of the Chicago Tribune that he’s unlikely to remain in the organization.
I’m just kind of digesting it right now and I’ve got my agent getting feelers out. I’m hoping there’s something else out there. I’m hoping to manage or coach at the big-league level.
Sandberg, who was named Pacific Coast League manager of the year in his first season at Triple-A Iowa, replied “I haven’t heard from anyone” when asked about reports that he was a candidate for the Blue Jays’ job.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)