Oct 19, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
After finishing runner-up to Mike Quade in the Cubs’ managerial search this morning Ryne Sandberg told Dave van Dyck of the Chicago Tribune that he’s unlikely to remain in the organization.
I’m just kind of digesting it right now and I’ve got my agent getting feelers out. I’m hoping there’s something else out there. I’m hoping to manage or coach at the big-league level.
Sandberg, who was named Pacific Coast League manager of the year in his first season at Triple-A Iowa, replied “I haven’t heard from anyone” when asked about reports that he was a candidate for the Blue Jays’ job.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- LIVE: Pacers aim to even series with Heat
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination