Oct 19, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
After finishing runner-up to Mike Quade in the Cubs’ managerial search this morning Ryne Sandberg told Dave van Dyck of the Chicago Tribune that he’s unlikely to remain in the organization.
I’m just kind of digesting it right now and I’ve got my agent getting feelers out. I’m hoping there’s something else out there. I’m hoping to manage or coach at the big-league level.
Sandberg, who was named Pacific Coast League manager of the year in his first season at Triple-A Iowa, replied “I haven’t heard from anyone” when asked about reports that he was a candidate for the Blue Jays’ job.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (158)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)