Oct 19, 2010, 11:04 AM EDT
Jordan Bastian of MLB.com reports that the Blue Jays have interviewed Sandy Almoar Jr. for their managerial opening three times already.
I’ve been on a lot of job interviews. And I spent a lot of time recruiting as well. I can’t remember ever either being interviewed or having someone in for interviews three times. The only possible excuse I can think for a third interview is that a key person had a scheduling conflict, but if the candidate is being taken seriously, you don’t schedule the guy until you know every key decision maker is available.
I’ll grant, however, that’s it’s possible the interviewing protocols of law firms are different than that of Major League Baseball teams. For example, no matter what his merits as a candidate are, most law firms wouldn’t consider Alomar because he wasn’t on law review.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)