Oct 19, 2010, 11:04 AM EDT
Jordan Bastian of MLB.com reports that the Blue Jays have interviewed Sandy Almoar Jr. for their managerial opening three times already.
I’ve been on a lot of job interviews. And I spent a lot of time recruiting as well. I can’t remember ever either being interviewed or having someone in for interviews three times. The only possible excuse I can think for a third interview is that a key person had a scheduling conflict, but if the candidate is being taken seriously, you don’t schedule the guy until you know every key decision maker is available.
I’ll grant, however, that’s it’s possible the interviewing protocols of law firms are different than that of Major League Baseball teams. For example, no matter what his merits as a candidate are, most law firms wouldn’t consider Alomar because he wasn’t on law review.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47