Oct 19, 2010, 11:04 AM EDT
Jordan Bastian of MLB.com reports that the Blue Jays have interviewed Sandy Almoar Jr. for their managerial opening three times already.
I’ve been on a lot of job interviews. And I spent a lot of time recruiting as well. I can’t remember ever either being interviewed or having someone in for interviews three times. The only possible excuse I can think for a third interview is that a key person had a scheduling conflict, but if the candidate is being taken seriously, you don’t schedule the guy until you know every key decision maker is available.
I’ll grant, however, that’s it’s possible the interviewing protocols of law firms are different than that of Major League Baseball teams. For example, no matter what his merits as a candidate are, most law firms wouldn’t consider Alomar because he wasn’t on law review.
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 0
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 17
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)