Oct 19, 2010, 9:54 AM EDT
Since I pointed out bad Philly fan behavior yesterday, I would be remiss in not pointing out bad Yankee fan behavior today.
Last night, after the game got out of hand, Yankees fans threw beer bottles and other debris into the Rangers bullpen as Neftali Feliz was warming up. For added color, they began a chant of “a–hole, a–hole” at someone, though it’s hard to tell who. You can see video of the bottles and chants over at Crossing Broad. Oh, and a fan ran on the field as well, though he was quickly taken into custody. People at the game tweeted, however, that the fan tried to fight the cops as he was being taken away, so he was obviously a brain surgeon.
It may or may not be worth noting that the reason I am aware of all of this is because multiple Phillies fans emailed it to me this morning with some variation of “because you and the rest of the national media only like to pick on Phillies fans you probably won’t say anything about the bad behavior at Yankee Stadium last night, but in case you decide to be fair for once, here are some links.”
No telling if those emails came from the same folks who told me I was wrong about Phillies fans being so defensive yesterday . . .
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final