Oct 19, 2010, 9:54 AM EDT
Since I pointed out bad Philly fan behavior yesterday, I would be remiss in not pointing out bad Yankee fan behavior today.
Last night, after the game got out of hand, Yankees fans threw beer bottles and other debris into the Rangers bullpen as Neftali Feliz was warming up. For added color, they began a chant of “a–hole, a–hole” at someone, though it’s hard to tell who. You can see video of the bottles and chants over at Crossing Broad. Oh, and a fan ran on the field as well, though he was quickly taken into custody. People at the game tweeted, however, that the fan tried to fight the cops as he was being taken away, so he was obviously a brain surgeon.
It may or may not be worth noting that the reason I am aware of all of this is because multiple Phillies fans emailed it to me this morning with some variation of “because you and the rest of the national media only like to pick on Phillies fans you probably won’t say anything about the bad behavior at Yankee Stadium last night, but in case you decide to be fair for once, here are some links.”
No telling if those emails came from the same folks who told me I was wrong about Phillies fans being so defensive yesterday . . .
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 3
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 50
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 45
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)