Oct 19, 2010, 9:54 AM EST
Since I pointed out bad Philly fan behavior yesterday, I would be remiss in not pointing out bad Yankee fan behavior today.
Last night, after the game got out of hand, Yankees fans threw beer bottles and other debris into the Rangers bullpen as Neftali Feliz was warming up. For added color, they began a chant of “a–hole, a–hole” at someone, though it’s hard to tell who. You can see video of the bottles and chants over at Crossing Broad. Oh, and a fan ran on the field as well, though he was quickly taken into custody. People at the game tweeted, however, that the fan tried to fight the cops as he was being taken away, so he was obviously a brain surgeon.
It may or may not be worth noting that the reason I am aware of all of this is because multiple Phillies fans emailed it to me this morning with some variation of “because you and the rest of the national media only like to pick on Phillies fans you probably won’t say anything about the bad behavior at Yankee Stadium last night, but in case you decide to be fair for once, here are some links.”
No telling if those emails came from the same folks who told me I was wrong about Phillies fans being so defensive yesterday . . .
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 1
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 1
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 341
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (343)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Report: Josh Hamilton could get a suspension of “at least 25 games” (71)