Oct 19, 2010, 9:54 AM EDT
Since I pointed out bad Philly fan behavior yesterday, I would be remiss in not pointing out bad Yankee fan behavior today.
Last night, after the game got out of hand, Yankees fans threw beer bottles and other debris into the Rangers bullpen as Neftali Feliz was warming up. For added color, they began a chant of “a–hole, a–hole” at someone, though it’s hard to tell who. You can see video of the bottles and chants over at Crossing Broad. Oh, and a fan ran on the field as well, though he was quickly taken into custody. People at the game tweeted, however, that the fan tried to fight the cops as he was being taken away, so he was obviously a brain surgeon.
It may or may not be worth noting that the reason I am aware of all of this is because multiple Phillies fans emailed it to me this morning with some variation of “because you and the rest of the national media only like to pick on Phillies fans you probably won’t say anything about the bad behavior at Yankee Stadium last night, but in case you decide to be fair for once, here are some links.”
No telling if those emails came from the same folks who told me I was wrong about Phillies fans being so defensive yesterday . . .
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 21
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 10
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 47
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)