Oct 19, 2010, 10:30 AM EST
Juan Uribe is out with a wrist contusion, so shortstop is left to Edgar Renteria for today’s Phillies-Giants game. Except, we learned yesterday, Renteria has a completely torn left biceps tendon. He hurt it in the NLDS against the Braves. I’m no doctor, but I’m guessing that you sorta need a biceps tendon to be at your best.
I’m thinking back now to the 1989 World Series in which Matt Williams started at shortstop. How much fun would it be to put Pablo Sandoval there? Come to think of it, what’s Matt Williams doin’ these days?
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 161
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (161)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)