Oct 19, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
Juan Uribe is out with a wrist contusion, so shortstop is left to Edgar Renteria for today’s Phillies-Giants game. Except, we learned yesterday, Renteria has a completely torn left biceps tendon. He hurt it in the NLDS against the Braves. I’m no doctor, but I’m guessing that you sorta need a biceps tendon to be at your best.
I’m thinking back now to the 1989 World Series in which Matt Williams started at shortstop. How much fun would it be to put Pablo Sandoval there? Come to think of it, what’s Matt Williams doin’ these days?
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 36
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 50
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)