Oct 19, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
Juan Uribe is out with a wrist contusion, so shortstop is left to Edgar Renteria for today’s Phillies-Giants game. Except, we learned yesterday, Renteria has a completely torn left biceps tendon. He hurt it in the NLDS against the Braves. I’m no doctor, but I’m guessing that you sorta need a biceps tendon to be at your best.
I’m thinking back now to the 1989 World Series in which Matt Williams started at shortstop. How much fun would it be to put Pablo Sandoval there? Come to think of it, what’s Matt Williams doin’ these days?
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 3
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 17
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)