Oct 19, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
Juan Uribe is out with a wrist contusion, so shortstop is left to Edgar Renteria for today’s Phillies-Giants game. Except, we learned yesterday, Renteria has a completely torn left biceps tendon. He hurt it in the NLDS against the Braves. I’m no doctor, but I’m guessing that you sorta need a biceps tendon to be at your best.
I’m thinking back now to the 1989 World Series in which Matt Williams started at shortstop. How much fun would it be to put Pablo Sandoval there? Come to think of it, what’s Matt Williams doin’ these days?
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 85
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (96)