Oct 19, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
Juan Uribe is out with a wrist contusion, so shortstop is left to Edgar Renteria for today’s Phillies-Giants game. Except, we learned yesterday, Renteria has a completely torn left biceps tendon. He hurt it in the NLDS against the Braves. I’m no doctor, but I’m guessing that you sorta need a biceps tendon to be at your best.
I’m thinking back now to the 1989 World Series in which Matt Williams started at shortstop. How much fun would it be to put Pablo Sandoval there? Come to think of it, what’s Matt Williams doin’ these days?
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 4
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 20
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 38
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)