Oct 19, 2010, 11:49 AM EST
Twins right fielder/first baseman Michael Cuddyer had arthroscopic knee surgery shortly after they were swept out of the playoffs by the Yankees and now starters Scott Baker and Nick Blackburn are both going under the knife as well.
Joe Christensen of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that Blackburn underwent minor elbow surgery last week and Baker is slated to have a similar surgery tomorrow. Blackburn “had a bone spur and other loose particles removed but said there was no damage to any ligaments.”
Baker missed starts down the stretch with elbow pain and was absent from the Twins’ playoff rotation, but his surgery is also expected to be of the “cleanup” variety.
- Mariners sign Corey Hart 9
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 29
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 18
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)