Oct 19, 2010, 11:49 AM EST
Twins right fielder/first baseman Michael Cuddyer had arthroscopic knee surgery shortly after they were swept out of the playoffs by the Yankees and now starters Scott Baker and Nick Blackburn are both going under the knife as well.
Joe Christensen of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that Blackburn underwent minor elbow surgery last week and Baker is slated to have a similar surgery tomorrow. Blackburn “had a bone spur and other loose particles removed but said there was no damage to any ligaments.”
Baker missed starts down the stretch with elbow pain and was absent from the Twins’ playoff rotation, but his surgery is also expected to be of the “cleanup” variety.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (87)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)