Oct 19, 2010, 11:49 AM EDT
Twins right fielder/first baseman Michael Cuddyer had arthroscopic knee surgery shortly after they were swept out of the playoffs by the Yankees and now starters Scott Baker and Nick Blackburn are both going under the knife as well.
Joe Christensen of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that Blackburn underwent minor elbow surgery last week and Baker is slated to have a similar surgery tomorrow. Blackburn “had a bone spur and other loose particles removed but said there was no damage to any ligaments.”
Baker missed starts down the stretch with elbow pain and was absent from the Twins’ playoff rotation, but his surgery is also expected to be of the “cleanup” variety.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 59
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 52
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 21
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29