Oct 20, 2010, 3:48 PM EDT
In a surprise move last month the Angels fired Eddie Bane as part of a housecleaning in the scouting department, but it didn’t take long for the well-respected scouting director to find another gig.
Keith Law of ESPN.com reports that Bane “will join the Tigers’ pro scouting department.” His specialty is really more scouting amateurs and running drafts, but obviously the Tigers think enough of Bane to add him in whatever capacity they can for now.
Prior to being fired by the Angels last month Bane interviewed for the Diamondbacks’ general manager opening that eventually went to Kevin Towers. Assuming he wants the same type of responsibility again, I’ll be surprised if Bane isn’t running another scouting department by 2012.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 52
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)