Oct 20, 2010, 3:48 PM EDT
In a surprise move last month the Angels fired Eddie Bane as part of a housecleaning in the scouting department, but it didn’t take long for the well-respected scouting director to find another gig.
Keith Law of ESPN.com reports that Bane “will join the Tigers’ pro scouting department.” His specialty is really more scouting amateurs and running drafts, but obviously the Tigers think enough of Bane to add him in whatever capacity they can for now.
Prior to being fired by the Angels last month Bane interviewed for the Diamondbacks’ general manager opening that eventually went to Kevin Towers. Assuming he wants the same type of responsibility again, I’ll be surprised if Bane isn’t running another scouting department by 2012.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 9
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 32
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 242
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (242)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)