Oct 20, 2010, 3:48 PM EDT
In a surprise move last month the Angels fired Eddie Bane as part of a housecleaning in the scouting department, but it didn’t take long for the well-respected scouting director to find another gig.
Keith Law of ESPN.com reports that Bane “will join the Tigers’ pro scouting department.” His specialty is really more scouting amateurs and running drafts, but obviously the Tigers think enough of Bane to add him in whatever capacity they can for now.
Prior to being fired by the Angels last month Bane interviewed for the Diamondbacks’ general manager opening that eventually went to Kevin Towers. Assuming he wants the same type of responsibility again, I’ll be surprised if Bane isn’t running another scouting department by 2012.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 3
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 51
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 37
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)