Oct 20, 2010, 3:48 PM EDT
In a surprise move last month the Angels fired Eddie Bane as part of a housecleaning in the scouting department, but it didn’t take long for the well-respected scouting director to find another gig.
Keith Law of ESPN.com reports that Bane “will join the Tigers’ pro scouting department.” His specialty is really more scouting amateurs and running drafts, but obviously the Tigers think enough of Bane to add him in whatever capacity they can for now.
Prior to being fired by the Angels last month Bane interviewed for the Diamondbacks’ general manager opening that eventually went to Kevin Towers. Assuming he wants the same type of responsibility again, I’ll be surprised if Bane isn’t running another scouting department by 2012.
- Today is the Sox’ annual Patriot’s Day game. It’s more significant now than ever. 10
- Boswell: “Harper may be the Nats’ seventh-best player” 47
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 71
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 10
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 178
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (178)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)