Oct 20, 2010, 11:19 AM EST
Aubrey Huff started wearing a “lucky” red, rhinestone-encrusted thong around the clubhouse on August 30 and the Giants are 25-12 since then, so suddenly the “rally thong” is a very popular item in San Francisco.
In fact, Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury News reports that the company producing Huff’s preferred brand of thongs sent three giant boxes of their products to the Giants prior to yesterday’s game.
As they say, hilarity ensued.
Baggarly writes that “Huff became a giddy, thong-flinging Santa Claus this morning, distributing them to everyone in the clubhouse” and even handed them out to various media members covering the team. Oddly enough, Huff got into some trouble a few years ago for doing a radio appearance alongside a woman who wasn’t wearing any underwear.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 71
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 40
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 22
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)