Oct 20, 2010, 11:19 AM EDT
Aubrey Huff started wearing a “lucky” red, rhinestone-encrusted thong around the clubhouse on August 30 and the Giants are 25-12 since then, so suddenly the “rally thong” is a very popular item in San Francisco.
In fact, Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury News reports that the company producing Huff’s preferred brand of thongs sent three giant boxes of their products to the Giants prior to yesterday’s game.
As they say, hilarity ensued.
Baggarly writes that “Huff became a giddy, thong-flinging Santa Claus this morning, distributing them to everyone in the clubhouse” and even handed them out to various media members covering the team. Oddly enough, Huff got into some trouble a few years ago for doing a radio appearance alongside a woman who wasn’t wearing any underwear.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 32
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 9
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 71
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 50
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)