Oct 20, 2010, 6:32 PM EST
LeRogue will have a bedside arraignment Thursday at New York’s Lincoln Hospital, where he has been held since the incident. A judge will offer a ruling via video conference, and it sure sounds like the 33-year-old LeRogue is in some serious trouble.
He carried a picture of Alex Rodriguez with him that night, marked with an “X” on the third baseman’s face and a gun pointing to A-Rod’s head. He also carried a picture of Cameron Diaz, who has been linked romantically to Rodriguez, that read “We Will Be Together Soon.”
Thankfully, New York’s finest tackled LeRogue before he got off the warning track.
He has undergone psychiatric evaluation while at Lincoln Hospital and seems likely to serve extra time in either a mental hospital or jail cell.
- Where does Nelson Cruz go from here? 38
- Shin-Soo Choo agrees to seven-year, $130 million deal with Rangers 84
- Grant Balfour may file a grievance over Orioles’ decision to back out of contract 23
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants collisions to remain part of the game 44
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 42
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (102)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- Shin-Soo Choo agrees to seven-year, $130 million deal with Rangers (84)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)