Oct 20, 2010, 6:32 PM EDT
LeRogue will have a bedside arraignment Thursday at New York’s Lincoln Hospital, where he has been held since the incident. A judge will offer a ruling via video conference, and it sure sounds like the 33-year-old LeRogue is in some serious trouble.
He carried a picture of Alex Rodriguez with him that night, marked with an “X” on the third baseman’s face and a gun pointing to A-Rod’s head. He also carried a picture of Cameron Diaz, who has been linked romantically to Rodriguez, that read “We Will Be Together Soon.”
Thankfully, New York’s finest tackled LeRogue before he got off the warning track.
He has undergone psychiatric evaluation while at Lincoln Hospital and seems likely to serve extra time in either a mental hospital or jail cell.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 280
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 24
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 32
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (291)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (158)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)