Oct 20, 2010, 6:32 PM EDT
LeRogue will have a bedside arraignment Thursday at New York’s Lincoln Hospital, where he has been held since the incident. A judge will offer a ruling via video conference, and it sure sounds like the 33-year-old LeRogue is in some serious trouble.
He carried a picture of Alex Rodriguez with him that night, marked with an “X” on the third baseman’s face and a gun pointing to A-Rod’s head. He also carried a picture of Cameron Diaz, who has been linked romantically to Rodriguez, that read “We Will Be Together Soon.”
Thankfully, New York’s finest tackled LeRogue before he got off the warning track.
He has undergone psychiatric evaluation while at Lincoln Hospital and seems likely to serve extra time in either a mental hospital or jail cell.
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 5
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 58
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 46
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (248)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)