Oct 20, 2010, 2:29 PM EDT
In case you’re curious, the transmission rights battle between FOX and Cablevision is still raging, with no end in sight. As we’ve discussed before, the dispute means that Cablevision subscribers in New York and Philiadelphia are unable to watch FOX. Which means, unless a resolution is reached, no World Series.
Know what? This seemed like a much more pressing problem a couple of days ago. If things keep going the way they’re going, I see no reason whatsoever for baseball fans in New York and Philly to want to watch the World Series.
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 2
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 39
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)