Oct 20, 2010, 4:06 PM EDT
Watching the beginning of this Rangers-Yankees game, and (a) the crowd is a bit sparse by Yankee Stadium standards; and (b) they seem less than enthused. At least to the extent you can tell such a thing from 40,000+ people.
I guess I get that people are a bit freaked. And I can see a 4PM weekday start leading to a late-arriving crowd because, hey, people work. But I can’t remember things in the Yankee Universe seeming so . . . dire.
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 5
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 29
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 47
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 68
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 51
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)