Oct 20, 2010, 4:06 PM EDT
Watching the beginning of this Rangers-Yankees game, and (a) the crowd is a bit sparse by Yankee Stadium standards; and (b) they seem less than enthused. At least to the extent you can tell such a thing from 40,000+ people.
I guess I get that people are a bit freaked. And I can see a 4PM weekday start leading to a late-arriving crowd because, hey, people work. But I can’t remember things in the Yankee Universe seeming so . . . dire.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (85)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (76)