The Yankee crowd is . . . less than enthusiastic

Oct 20, 2010, 4:06 PM EDT

Watching the beginning of this Rangers-Yankees game, and (a) the crowd is a bit sparse by Yankee Stadium standards; and (b) they seem less than enthused. At least to the extent you can tell such a thing from 40,000+ people.

I guess I get that people are a bit freaked. And I can see a 4PM weekday start leading to a late-arriving crowd because, hey, people work.  But I can’t remember things in the Yankee Universe seeming so . . . dire.

1. Chris Fiorentino - Oct 20, 2010 at 4:11 PM

Game 7…2004 ALCS after Damon hit that Bomb Grand Slam in the 2nd inning. That’s the last time I have seen this much depression out in Yankee Stadium.

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Oct 20, 2010 at 4:24 PM

Holy shit! I agree with you! What universe have I been warped to? I’m scay-yered….

• Utley's Hair - Oct 20, 2010 at 4:27 PM

I’m stunned that you would admit to such a thing…wow…

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Oct 20, 2010 at 4:44 PM

Hey I can do 2 things: One, admit when I’m wrong, and two, agree with someone who is entirely disagreeable most of the time. I agree with Chris in this instance and I admit that’s the wrong thing to do. You see? I told you.

• Utley's Hair - Oct 20, 2010 at 4:53 PM

And it seems you are a multi-tasker as well.

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Oct 20, 2010 at 5:07 PM

Ha, yeah that too. Currently, I’m also smoking a cigarette, reading an Economist article about why big cats can have spots, tutoring an orphan, eating a pancake, watching Hamilton bat on gameday, writing a sonnet, re-tuning an Audi A6 and tightening it’s suspension while planting a “tree” for your tomorrow.

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Oct 20, 2010 at 5:11 PM

Economist article is really interesting actually and totally relevant to baseball: http://www.economist.com/node/17304477

• Dan Friedman - Oct 21, 2010 at 10:23 AM

Thanks for the economist article, it WAS really interesting.

Three legends off to Cooperstown