Oct 20, 2010, 9:56 AM EDT
The Yankees certainly have their backs up against the wall. A 14.6 % chance of winning the series if you believe Rational Pastime. And to do that they have to channel their inner-2004 Boston Red Sox, and that may be simply unpalatable for them. Tough break, ya know?
But hey, maybe their chances are a tad better if they can just steal one this afternoon. Why? Because that sends it back to Texas, and if that happens, recent history — which probably means little, but which is all the hope a Yankees fan can ask for right now — favors them. Check out the home records in the AL playoffs so far:
CC Sabathia + the vagaries of small sample size fate are on their side!
(thanks to reader Johnny T. for the heads up on the home records)
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)