Oct 20, 2010, 9:16 AM EDT
While most fans who run on the field during ballgames are either drunk, attention whores or both, it seems like the one who jumped on the field at Yankee Stadium during Game 3 was a different kettle of fish: he was nuts. And likely dangerous.
According to the New York Post, the fan, Grim LeRogue — who legally changed his name from Joe Rogan (!) — was carrying pictures with him when he jumped on the field. One of them was a picture of A-Rod with an X written over his face and a picture of a gun pointed at his head. Also written on the picture were the words “you have to go bud, you’ve ruined too many of our white queens.” This reference was apparently in relation to A-Rod dating Cameron Diaz, pictures of whom LeRogue also had. Oh, and on those he had written “we shall be together soon.” And, for a final bonus, he had pics of Osama bin Laden with him, with pledges of loyalty written on them.
Good work by the New York police and stadium security for getting to this guy before he could get near anyone. I want in my heart of hearts to believe that he’s just a pathetic nut who wouldn’t have truly done any harm to A-Rod or anyone else — he didn’t have a weapon him when he made his break — but frankly, I feel a lot better when trespassers are drunk knuckleheads, not obsessives.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 115
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 155
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 22
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 52
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (173)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (155)