Oct 20, 2010, 9:16 AM EDT
While most fans who run on the field during ballgames are either drunk, attention whores or both, it seems like the one who jumped on the field at Yankee Stadium during Game 3 was a different kettle of fish: he was nuts. And likely dangerous.
According to the New York Post, the fan, Grim LeRogue — who legally changed his name from Joe Rogan (!) — was carrying pictures with him when he jumped on the field. One of them was a picture of A-Rod with an X written over his face and a picture of a gun pointed at his head. Also written on the picture were the words “you have to go bud, you’ve ruined too many of our white queens.” This reference was apparently in relation to A-Rod dating Cameron Diaz, pictures of whom LeRogue also had. Oh, and on those he had written “we shall be together soon.” And, for a final bonus, he had pics of Osama bin Laden with him, with pledges of loyalty written on them.
Good work by the New York police and stadium security for getting to this guy before he could get near anyone. I want in my heart of hearts to believe that he’s just a pathetic nut who wouldn’t have truly done any harm to A-Rod or anyone else — he didn’t have a weapon him when he made his break — but frankly, I feel a lot better when trespassers are drunk knuckleheads, not obsessives.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 57
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 110
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (110)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)