Oct 21, 2010, 10:18 AM EDT
Rob Bradford of WEEI.com reported yesterday that the Blue Jays had narrowed their manager search down to Indians first base coach Sandy Alomar Jr., Red Sox pitching coach John Farrell, and Red Sox bench coach DeMarlo Hale, but today he writes that there’s a fourth finalist:
Toronto third base coach Brian Butterfield.
It makes some sense that the Blue Jays would have one in-house candidate still in the mix, and in addition to serving as third base coach Butterfield previously worked as a bench coach and managed in the minors. Overall he’s been with the Blue Jays for nine seasons.
Toronto is expected to make a decision by the end of the month.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 44
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 4
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 57
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (89)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)