Oct 21, 2010, 10:18 AM EDT
Rob Bradford of WEEI.com reported yesterday that the Blue Jays had narrowed their manager search down to Indians first base coach Sandy Alomar Jr., Red Sox pitching coach John Farrell, and Red Sox bench coach DeMarlo Hale, but today he writes that there’s a fourth finalist:
Toronto third base coach Brian Butterfield.
It makes some sense that the Blue Jays would have one in-house candidate still in the mix, and in addition to serving as third base coach Butterfield previously worked as a bench coach and managed in the minors. Overall he’s been with the Blue Jays for nine seasons.
Toronto is expected to make a decision by the end of the month.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)