Oct 21, 2010, 12:01 PM EDT
Just embrace it. I did years ago. There’s no shame at all in making the studied, counter-intuitive argument that your team is the best even if it somehow fails to do what’s expected of it given the talent level. Just be steadfast in your belief that division titles are a better test of a baseball team’s mettle. Be unbending when you tell people that “anything can happen in a short series” and that “the playoffs are a crapshoot.”
People may mock you. People may doubt you and say silly things like “only championships matter.” But as long as you still believe it, you’ll be just fine with it.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 14
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17