Oct 21, 2010, 10:08 AM EDT
I think we’re going to go with nothing but bench coach news until the game starts tonight. Ya with me? From Arizona:
Former Tigers manager Alan Trammell, who has been the Cubs bench coach the past four seasons, is said to be a leading candidate to become the bench coach.
Trammell had that one shot to manage in Detroit, but was never considered in Chicago where he was Lou Piniella’s bench coach. Which, after my “what do they do?” question, leads to my next bench coach question: is it a stepping-stone job or not? It’s certainly not for Trammell. It was for Don Mattingly. For the most part, though, the thinking is that third base coach is for line officers and pitching and bench coach are where your science officers live.
I’m actually starting to get fascinated by this. I want a 300 page bench coach book to be published by spring training. Someone get on this.
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery 0
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 11
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 119
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 101
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (124)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 MLB Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld