Oct 21, 2010, 10:08 AM EST
I think we’re going to go with nothing but bench coach news until the game starts tonight. Ya with me? From Arizona:
Former Tigers manager Alan Trammell, who has been the Cubs bench coach the past four seasons, is said to be a leading candidate to become the bench coach.
Trammell had that one shot to manage in Detroit, but was never considered in Chicago where he was Lou Piniella’s bench coach. Which, after my “what do they do?” question, leads to my next bench coach question: is it a stepping-stone job or not? It’s certainly not for Trammell. It was for Don Mattingly. For the most part, though, the thinking is that third base coach is for line officers and pitching and bench coach are where your science officers live.
I’m actually starting to get fascinated by this. I want a 300 page bench coach book to be published by spring training. Someone get on this.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (109)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 MLB Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld