Oct 21, 2010, 10:08 AM EST
I think we’re going to go with nothing but bench coach news until the game starts tonight. Ya with me? From Arizona:
Former Tigers manager Alan Trammell, who has been the Cubs bench coach the past four seasons, is said to be a leading candidate to become the bench coach.
Trammell had that one shot to manage in Detroit, but was never considered in Chicago where he was Lou Piniella’s bench coach. Which, after my “what do they do?” question, leads to my next bench coach question: is it a stepping-stone job or not? It’s certainly not for Trammell. It was for Don Mattingly. For the most part, though, the thinking is that third base coach is for line officers and pitching and bench coach are where your science officers live.
I’m actually starting to get fascinated by this. I want a 300 page bench coach book to be published by spring training. Someone get on this.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 0
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 MLB Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld