Oct 21, 2010, 10:08 AM EDT
I think we’re going to go with nothing but bench coach news until the game starts tonight. Ya with me? From Arizona:
Former Tigers manager Alan Trammell, who has been the Cubs bench coach the past four seasons, is said to be a leading candidate to become the bench coach.
Trammell had that one shot to manage in Detroit, but was never considered in Chicago where he was Lou Piniella’s bench coach. Which, after my “what do they do?” question, leads to my next bench coach question: is it a stepping-stone job or not? It’s certainly not for Trammell. It was for Don Mattingly. For the most part, though, the thinking is that third base coach is for line officers and pitching and bench coach are where your science officers live.
I’m actually starting to get fascinated by this. I want a 300 page bench coach book to be published by spring training. Someone get on this.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 21
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 13
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 MLB Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld