Oct 21, 2010, 4:16 PM EDT
Nelson Cruz left Wednesday’s game in the fifth inning with a hamstring injury, but told reporters this afternoon that he “definitely” expects to play in Game 6 of the ALCS tomorrow.
Hamstring problems are particularly worrisome for Cruz after they caused him to spend three different stints on the disabled list during the season, but according to Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com “the hamstring doesn’t bother him when he walks around.”
Cruz missed 54 games this season, but ranked second on the Rangers in OPS behind only Josh Hamilton, was one of just seven AL hitters to post an OPS of at least .950 while appearing in 100 or more games, and is 14-for-37 (.378) with four homers and five doubles in the playoffs.
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 4
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 52
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (100)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)