Oct 21, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
President Obama had a $30,000-a-head fundraiser scheduled for this evening at an apartment belonging to a Google executive in the Four Seasons hotel in San Francisco. That’s kind of close to AT&T Park, however, so they decided to move it down to the organizer’s home in Palo Alto, 30 miles away. In other news, there’s too much money in baseball.
For the last inning, the Giants and Phillies would like to ask your help. Would the people in the ballpark clap your hands. And those at the fundraiser, if you’ll just rattle your jewelry.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 17
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 29
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 58
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 73
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 86
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)