Oct 21, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
President Obama had a $30,000-a-head fundraiser scheduled for this evening at an apartment belonging to a Google executive in the Four Seasons hotel in San Francisco. That’s kind of close to AT&T Park, however, so they decided to move it down to the organizer’s home in Palo Alto, 30 miles away. In other news, there’s too much money in baseball.
For the last inning, the Giants and Phillies would like to ask your help. Would the people in the ballpark clap your hands. And those at the fundraiser, if you’ll just rattle your jewelry.
- Carlos Carrasco loses no-hitter with one out to go vs. Rays 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 7
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 30
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 47
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 69
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)