Oct 21, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
President Obama had a $30,000-a-head fundraiser scheduled for this evening at an apartment belonging to a Google executive in the Four Seasons hotel in San Francisco. That’s kind of close to AT&T Park, however, so they decided to move it down to the organizer’s home in Palo Alto, 30 miles away. In other news, there’s too much money in baseball.
For the last inning, the Giants and Phillies would like to ask your help. Would the people in the ballpark clap your hands. And those at the fundraiser, if you’ll just rattle your jewelry.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 88
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 11
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 54
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 13
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 47
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)