Oct 21, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
President Obama had a $30,000-a-head fundraiser scheduled for this evening at an apartment belonging to a Google executive in the Four Seasons hotel in San Francisco. That’s kind of close to AT&T Park, however, so they decided to move it down to the organizer’s home in Palo Alto, 30 miles away. In other news, there’s too much money in baseball.
For the last inning, the Giants and Phillies would like to ask your help. Would the people in the ballpark clap your hands. And those at the fundraiser, if you’ll just rattle your jewelry.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 101
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 1
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 25
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 93
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (102)