The Giants-Phillies game kicks Obama out of town

Oct 21, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT

Obama Phillies

President Obama had a $30,000-a-head fundraiser scheduled for this evening at an apartment belonging to a Google executive in the Four Seasons hotel in San Francisco.  That’s kind of close to AT&T Park, however, so they decided to move it down to the organizer’s home in Palo Alto, 30 miles away.  In other news, there’s too much money in baseball.

For the last inning, the Giants and Phillies would like to ask your help. Would the people in the ballpark clap your hands. And those at the fundraiser, if you’ll just rattle your jewelry.

1. alexpoterack - Oct 21, 2010 at 4:42 PM

Beatles reference FTW!

P.S. Sorry if this comment is not up to my usual standards, but I just finished econ PhD midterms, which means I’m currently in the process of getting hammered at 5 in the afternoon. As such, I’m not really into the whole “thinking” and “being intelligent” thing right now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Oct 21, 2010 at 5:16 PM

Working hard and partying hard….good stuff. Once you sober up, tell me how we’re getting out of this economic mess and find me a better job (that I can still blow off during the day by religiously reading/commenting on HBT).

2. rbabaseball - Oct 21, 2010 at 4:42 PM

That joke was originally made by my favorite sportswriter, Sophie Tucker.

3. Jonny 5 - Oct 21, 2010 at 4:44 PM

Boy ohh boy, I think a month after he was elected they would have cancelled the game or maybe the rest of the season. Woo hoo!! baseball has outranked the president!!! Nice..

4. skerney - Oct 21, 2010 at 5:11 PM

The New Fab Four

John -Cody Ross
    Paul- Aubrey Huff
    George- Buster Posey
    Ringo -Pablo Sandoval

Yoko Ono- Tim McCarver

5. Old Gator - Oct 21, 2010 at 5:17 PM

“The Giants-Phillies game kicks Obama out of town.”

Which is about half as far as the electorate is about to kick him….

• skerney - Oct 21, 2010 at 5:34 PM

Just make sure you understand the ballot this time, Gator. Pat Buchanan shouldn’t carry that much of your district.

• Old Gator - Oct 21, 2010 at 5:49 PM

If you don’t like the way we vote, wait till you see how we drive.

• Utley's Hair - Oct 21, 2010 at 7:28 PM

Yeah, with the left blinker on for miles, and then you veer off to the right.

• Old Gator - Oct 21, 2010 at 9:06 PM

That’s only if the baby carriage is right on the verge and no one’s watching. Three point bonus.

6. skerney - Oct 21, 2010 at 5:54 PM

LOL!

• skerney - Oct 21, 2010 at 5:57 PM

I used to drive from Clearwater to St. Pete and back each day when I was with the Rays. And don’t get me started about parking around Al Lang! Sheesh!

7. apbaguy - Oct 21, 2010 at 7:00 PM

Gator-funny!

Also funny about the Palo Alto fundraiser. Although jewelry isn’t the big status symbol here. It’s mega yachts. I’m surprised that they didn’t move the fundraiser to one of Ellison’s monster boats and park it outside AT&T. Although even the “small” one (he has 3) probably wouldn’t fit in McCovey cove.

But knowing Palo Alto, there will be a smaller but more enthusiastic and highly visible Whitman fundraiser across the street. Fiorina is no longer welcome in Palo Alto, of course (HP reference).

8. rabiague1986 - Oct 21, 2010 at 8:45 PM

Go Giants! and please let it be an all west coast World Series. Can’t stand bandwagon fans that only follow baseball in the playoffs

As for the politics I say Outsource Congress.

• Old Gator - Oct 21, 2010 at 9:03 PM

I agree. I want all of our legislation coming from Karachi, just like all the service dispatches for my washing machine.

• Utley's Hair - Oct 21, 2010 at 11:09 PM

Well, here’s hoping you’re wrong about the Dwarves. But who would be the Bastardized League representative in an all West Coast WS?

Ace-killer Giants do it again