Oct 21, 2010, 5:00 PM EDT
Tigers GM Dave Dombrowski said today that he is “optimistic” about working out a deal with shortstop Jhonny Peralta. Who has a $7.25 million club option for 2011, by the way, but which no one in their right mind would pick up. The Tigers do want him back, however.
Not a bad idea, really, especially considering how thin a market it is for infielders this offseason. There’s no one worth a toot out there, and while Peralta isn’t perfect, he’s a known quantity with some power.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 46
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 24
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 23
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 37
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (99)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)