Oct 21, 2010, 5:00 PM EDT
Tigers GM Dave Dombrowski said today that he is “optimistic” about working out a deal with shortstop Jhonny Peralta. Who has a $7.25 million club option for 2011, by the way, but which no one in their right mind would pick up. The Tigers do want him back, however.
Not a bad idea, really, especially considering how thin a market it is for infielders this offseason. There’s no one worth a toot out there, and while Peralta isn’t perfect, he’s a known quantity with some power.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 25
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 252
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 43
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (252)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)