Oct 21, 2010, 5:00 PM EDT
Tigers GM Dave Dombrowski said today that he is “optimistic” about working out a deal with shortstop Jhonny Peralta. Who has a $7.25 million club option for 2011, by the way, but which no one in their right mind would pick up. The Tigers do want him back, however.
Not a bad idea, really, especially considering how thin a market it is for infielders this offseason. There’s no one worth a toot out there, and while Peralta isn’t perfect, he’s a known quantity with some power.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 4
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)