Oct 21, 2010, 5:00 PM EST
Tigers GM Dave Dombrowski said today that he is “optimistic” about working out a deal with shortstop Jhonny Peralta. Who has a $7.25 million club option for 2011, by the way, but which no one in their right mind would pick up. The Tigers do want him back, however.
Not a bad idea, really, especially considering how thin a market it is for infielders this offseason. There’s no one worth a toot out there, and while Peralta isn’t perfect, he’s a known quantity with some power.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 14
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 67
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 120
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 35
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (102)