Oct 21, 2010, 5:00 PM EDT
Tigers GM Dave Dombrowski said today that he is “optimistic” about working out a deal with shortstop Jhonny Peralta. Who has a $7.25 million club option for 2011, by the way, but which no one in their right mind would pick up. The Tigers do want him back, however.
Not a bad idea, really, especially considering how thin a market it is for infielders this offseason. There’s no one worth a toot out there, and while Peralta isn’t perfect, he’s a known quantity with some power.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 103
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8