Oct 22, 2010, 4:46 PM EDT
T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com reports that C.J. Wilson will be available as a reliever tonight for the Rangers.
The good news is that he threw just 93 pitches in his Game 5 start Wednesday. The bad news is that he threw just 93 pitches in his Game 5 start Wednesday because he lasted only five innings and allowed six runs.
Wilson spent four seasons as a full-time reliever prior to convincing the Rangers to give him a shot in the rotation this year. He has a 3.65 ERA, .230 opponents’ batting average, and 250/120 K/BB ratio in 259 career relief innings, including a 2.81 ERA and 84 strikeouts in 73.2 innings out of the bullpen last season.
Tommy Hunter is also available out of the bullpen tonight, but … well, if the Rangers have to use him things probably didn’t go as planned for Ron Washington and company.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 7
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 18
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 15
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 36
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)