Oct 22, 2010, 4:46 PM EST
T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com reports that C.J. Wilson will be available as a reliever tonight for the Rangers.
The good news is that he threw just 93 pitches in his Game 5 start Wednesday. The bad news is that he threw just 93 pitches in his Game 5 start Wednesday because he lasted only five innings and allowed six runs.
Wilson spent four seasons as a full-time reliever prior to convincing the Rangers to give him a shot in the rotation this year. He has a 3.65 ERA, .230 opponents’ batting average, and 250/120 K/BB ratio in 259 career relief innings, including a 2.81 ERA and 84 strikeouts in 73.2 innings out of the bullpen last season.
Tommy Hunter is also available out of the bullpen tonight, but … well, if the Rangers have to use him things probably didn’t go as planned for Ron Washington and company.
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 69
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 23
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)