Oct 22, 2010, 4:46 PM EDT
T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com reports that C.J. Wilson will be available as a reliever tonight for the Rangers.
The good news is that he threw just 93 pitches in his Game 5 start Wednesday. The bad news is that he threw just 93 pitches in his Game 5 start Wednesday because he lasted only five innings and allowed six runs.
Wilson spent four seasons as a full-time reliever prior to convincing the Rangers to give him a shot in the rotation this year. He has a 3.65 ERA, .230 opponents’ batting average, and 250/120 K/BB ratio in 259 career relief innings, including a 2.81 ERA and 84 strikeouts in 73.2 innings out of the bullpen last season.
Tommy Hunter is also available out of the bullpen tonight, but … well, if the Rangers have to use him things probably didn’t go as planned for Ron Washington and company.
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 2
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 54
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 139
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (139)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)