Oct 22, 2010, 4:46 PM EST
T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com reports that C.J. Wilson will be available as a reliever tonight for the Rangers.
The good news is that he threw just 93 pitches in his Game 5 start Wednesday. The bad news is that he threw just 93 pitches in his Game 5 start Wednesday because he lasted only five innings and allowed six runs.
Wilson spent four seasons as a full-time reliever prior to convincing the Rangers to give him a shot in the rotation this year. He has a 3.65 ERA, .230 opponents’ batting average, and 250/120 K/BB ratio in 259 career relief innings, including a 2.81 ERA and 84 strikeouts in 73.2 innings out of the bullpen last season.
Tommy Hunter is also available out of the bullpen tonight, but … well, if the Rangers have to use him things probably didn’t go as planned for Ron Washington and company.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)