Oct 22, 2010, 3:06 PM EDT
I suppose a well-considered decision is better than an impulsive one, but it does seem like the Mets are taking their sweet time on this GM thing.
The team just sent out an email to fans saying that they’re bringing back former Diamondbacks GM Josh Byrnes and Sandy Alderson for a second round of interviews. Which, given that Alderson has already been in twice for interviews means that it will his third time meeting with Mets officials.
I know it’s an important job, but really, what’s taking so long here? It’s not like these two are part of a big slate of entry level applicants who could only get 30 minute across-the-desk interviews when they were in before. What else do you need to know?
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 30
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 46
- Rangers “close to getting” Phillies ace Cole Hamels 55
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 65
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)