Oct 22, 2010, 3:06 PM EDT
I suppose a well-considered decision is better than an impulsive one, but it does seem like the Mets are taking their sweet time on this GM thing.
The team just sent out an email to fans saying that they’re bringing back former Diamondbacks GM Josh Byrnes and Sandy Alderson for a second round of interviews. Which, given that Alderson has already been in twice for interviews means that it will his third time meeting with Mets officials.
I know it’s an important job, but really, what’s taking so long here? It’s not like these two are part of a big slate of entry level applicants who could only get 30 minute across-the-desk interviews when they were in before. What else do you need to know?
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 1
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 3
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 49
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 34
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)