Oct 22, 2010, 1:18 PM EDT
Logan White presumably didn’t make the cut as the Mets trimmed their list of general manager candidates following the first round of interviews, because Ken Gurnick of MLB.com reports that he “will not be the Mets’ general manager and will remain with the Dodgers.”
Of course, with just about everyone assuming that Sandy Alderson will get the job it’s possible he’s the only candidate who actually made the second phase after the Mets reportedly interviewed six potential GMs.
Alderson completed the second half of his interview yesterday, touring Citi Field with chief operating officer Jeff Wilpon and assistant general manager John Ricco. Depending on who you believe, Alderson is somewhere between a “heavy favorite” and “lock” to wind up with the job.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 17
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)