Oct 22, 2010, 1:18 PM EDT
Logan White presumably didn’t make the cut as the Mets trimmed their list of general manager candidates following the first round of interviews, because Ken Gurnick of MLB.com reports that he “will not be the Mets’ general manager and will remain with the Dodgers.”
Of course, with just about everyone assuming that Sandy Alderson will get the job it’s possible he’s the only candidate who actually made the second phase after the Mets reportedly interviewed six potential GMs.
Alderson completed the second half of his interview yesterday, touring Citi Field with chief operating officer Jeff Wilpon and assistant general manager John Ricco. Depending on who you believe, Alderson is somewhere between a “heavy favorite” and “lock” to wind up with the job.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)